Author Topic: Vertical mount stereo in console?  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Vertical mount stereo in console?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 12:19:12 PM »
I'm very happy with my Kenwood beast mated to my Apline amp.  Touchscreen is the way to go.... :thumbsup:
But you don't have yours mounted standing on end.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline TahoeYJ

• How can I reech theese kids?
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 12:37:06 PM »
I'm very happy with my Kenwood beast mated to my Apline amp.  Touchscreen is the way to go.... :thumbsup:
Hey I can touch my screen too, it just doesn't do anything  :whistle:
92 YJ. Lifted, 4:88's, 9" rear, 4 wheel disks, some armor, some audio, 35" KM2's, and more

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 04:13:24 AM »
But you don't have yours mounted standing on end.

I thought we were beyond the fact that they don't work sideways (that would be real interesting with my unit).... :twofingers:

2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline dwtaylorpdx

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 09:30:41 AM »
I've had the vertical setup in my YJ since 96. I've had 3 head units, Original was a Pioneer, I shorted a speaker wire and blew it up. Then tried a Blaupunk (Sp?) it worked fine but got a cup of coffee dumped through it. Now have a Sony that's about 6 years old and going strong and I use the cd player a lot.

Dave

94 YJ - 2.5 Hesco Cam B&B Ported - AX5 Trans w/Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch - 4" Rough Country Lift W/Skyjacker Shocks - D44 Rear/ARB - D30/ARB - ARB Compressor - Warn M8000 in Custom Bumper - Reunell Rear Bumper - Metalcloak 6" Body Armor Kit - Tuffy Console - 265x85-16 Tires - 2M Radio