Author Topic: Fuel Pressure Regulators  (Read 50397 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Fuel Pressure Regulators
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 03:10:37 PM »
Don't build one for me just yet. I need to see how much of my tax returns I'll be able to throw into this. They come next week.

didn't count anyone in yet, still waiting for replies after i posted the price - i have none of the stock ones left so i need to go buy them and won't do it unless i know for sure someone wants them.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 04:56:51 PM »
ok - i will pick up a couple of stock ones and mod them to be adjustable - $75 plus shipping (it's around $5 US or Canada) and the core charge (was $20 last time i picked one) - i am charged $3 for every parcel i receive in the US so the refund on the core would be $17 - i need back both the fpr and the mounting bracket or you can keep them for the $20.

you guys let me know if this is reasonable and i will go ahead and make 2 of them and have them preset to 43 psi. First come first serve on this so just reply here and whoever commits first gets it. If there are more takers i can make more once i receive the cores back.
You might consider doing a CORE program so you don't have to buy a bunch all the time.  Although they will have to be sent UPS to not get taxed on the Canadian side.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2010, 05:05:09 PM »
You might consider doing a CORE program so you don't have to buy a bunch all the time.  Although they will have to be sent UPS to not get taxed on the Canadian side.

what's a core program? i have a shipping address in the US so i don't get taxed on it (not for these as they are low value) but i do pay $3 for each item i receive. they can be shipped to Canada but the shipping will be more but under $20 value there is no tax (probably comes to the same amount in the end whether it goes to US and i pay the $3 fee or gets shipped to Canada and will probably be an extra 3 or 4 dollars).

that's why i was thinking in buying 2 and then roll them out, get the cores back and make more  - don't want to buy any more than 2 of them as in the end i will end up with too many and have the $ stuck in them.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

melbill

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »
I am interested.  My Jeep is immobile right now anyway so I can have the FPR and mount heading your way this weekend; if it helps to have it ahead of time.

Bill

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »
what's a core program? i have a shipping address in the US so i don't get taxed on it (not for these as they are low value) but i do pay $3 for each item i receive. they can be shipped to Canada but the shipping will be more but under $20 value there is no tax (probably comes to the same amount in the end whether it goes to US and i pay the $3 fee or gets shipped to Canada and will probably be an extra 3 or 4 dollars).  They send you their FPR and you credit them however much you want and then you send them a new one.

that's why i was thinking in buying 2 and then roll them out, get the cores back and make more  - don't want to buy any more than 2 of them as in the end i will end up with too many and have the $ stuck in them.
It would be better to have them send you the FPR's United States Postal Service so it goes to Canada Mail and there are no taxes applied ever.  The US Postal Service and Canada Mail have an agreement not to tax unlike if you send something UPS or Fedex.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 05:30:59 PM »
It would be better to have them send you the FPR's United States Postal Service so it goes to Canada Mail and there are no taxes applied ever.  The US Postal Service and Canada Mail have an agreement not to tax unlike if you send something UPS or Fedex.

will probably cost more in the end and they take an awful long time to come in. there is tax with USPS to Canada Post, there is no agreement for that. the difference between USPS/Canada post and UPS or Fedex is that these 2 will charge you brokerage fees (something like a minimum of $20 or so) on top of the taxes.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 05:33:15 PM »
I am interested.  My Jeep is immobile right now anyway so I can have the FPR and mount heading your way this weekend; if it helps to have it ahead of time.

Bill

yeah, that would work - i'll PM you my shipping address later today (gotta run right now, i'll be back online later)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 07:01:40 PM »
will probably cost more in the end and they take an awful long time to come in. there is tax with USPS to Canada Post, there is no agreement for that. the difference between USPS/Canada post and UPS or Fedex is that these 2 will charge you brokerage fees (something like a minimum of $20 or so) on top of the taxes.
Ah, ok brokerage fees is what I meant.  I sent a pair of boots up there and accidentally sent them UPS and there was a $60 fee which I had to eat 2/3'd of.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
Ah, ok brokerage fees is what I meant.  I sent a pair of boots up there and accidentally sent them UPS and there was a $60 fee which I had to eat 2/3'd of.

yeah, it's retarded - i got fried too and since i ship 15 min away from home in the US - the $3 fee is actually less than the extra cost on shipping to Canada

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2010, 07:23:50 PM »
I received a smelly package in the mail today.  Not sure when I'll be able to install it but I'll get some pics up shortly.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »
I received a smelly package in the mail today.  Not sure when I'll be able to install it but I'll get some pics up shortly.

we should mention that the smell was due to gas :lol:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
Managed to get some time to take pics of the FPS that I was sent.  I'm hoping to get some time to install it sometime this month.

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2010, 09:09:08 PM »
I'd be in the market for one of these adjustable FPRs myself.  Between the 19lb injectors, 62mm TB, and intake changes I made a while back, an adjustable FPR probably wouldn't hurt. 

But let's say I get the adjustable FPR in there and all set up and the A/F ratio dialed in using a gauge of some kind. 

I am still considering wiring in an adjustable MAP also (I know you can build the thing and the retail version is way over-priced).  Am still not clear as to whether adjustable FPR makes the adjustable MAP redundant as a means to tune the AF ratio.   

If you put an adjustable MAP setup in there with the adustable FPR already in place, are you going to end of throwing the AF ratio out of whack again?   :puzzled:
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2010, 09:46:46 PM »
I'd be in the market for one of these adjustable FPRs myself.  Between the 19lb injectors, 62mm TB, and intake changes I made a while back, an adjustable FPR probably wouldn't hurt. 

But let's say I get the adjustable FPR in there and all set up and the A/F ratio dialed in using a gauge of some kind. 

I am still considering wiring in an adjustable MAP also (I know you can build the thing and the retail version is way over-priced).  Am still not clear as to whether adjustable FPR makes the adjustable MAP redundant as a means to tune the AF ratio.   

If you put an adjustable MAP setup in there with the adustable FPR already in place, are you going to end of throwing the AF ratio out of whack again?   :puzzled:

if you're conservative with the increase then you should gain some power with the adjustable MAP - between the 2 you're better off with the adj FPR as it will keep your stock characteristics and only affect your open loop afr. if you use both then you can benefit if you use a slight increase imo and not go crazy with it, a 0.1v (and not more than 0.2v max) would probably be enough, i can't advise anything more than that but i did read of some guys going some ridiculous voltages like 5.75 which i would not recommend.

now in all honesty you only want the power to kick in when you're wot, in that case the adj FPR will do the job w/o the adj MAP - what that means is that until you floor it or are in heavy load your PCM will operate as before in closed loop and give you the best mpg (always target 14.7 AFR) - the adjustable map will shift the reading and will tell the PCM to give more fuel earlier (go in open loop before you're at wot), which can be good or bad depending on what the goal is.

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2010, 10:35:52 PM »
I might do like you say here sharpxman and wire in an adjustable MAP and a conservatively tuned adjustable FPR.  Just SOP impression, but the engine below wide open throttle strikes me as being a little starved for fuel.  I can get a gauge and see if I'm correct before messing with anything.
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor