Author Topic: Inspection Cover Bolts...  (Read 880 times)

Sine Deviance

Inspection Cover Bolts...
« on: March 09, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Anyone know what thread they are or where I can get them? Somehow all of mine rattled out.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Inspection Cover Bolts...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 03:43:58 PM »
Anyone know what thread they are or where I can get them? Somehow all of mine rattled out.

i'll measure them tonight, still have them out (only have the big ones) - I assume you are asking about the bellhousing inspection cover that thread into the bellhousing and not the ones with nuts at the other end. they are weird looking from what i remember (are pointed and have thread all the way like the auto-threading screws). If i am to guess they are M8 (metric 8 mm) but i'll confirm tonight.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Sine Deviance

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 08:20:09 PM »
i'll measure them tonight, still have them out (only have the big ones) - I assume you are asking about the bellhousing inspection cover that thread into the bellhousing and not the ones with nuts at the other end. they are weird looking from what i remember (are pointed and have thread all the way like the auto-threading screws). If i am to guess they are M8 (metric 8 mm) but i'll confirm tonight.

Yep, those are the ones, and I was talking about the bellhousing cover :biggrin: It'd be the bottom four bolts, they don't seem to have nuts on them (so... they're nutless? :lol: )

Thanks a bunch. If I can pick up some replacements at an auto parts store that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:20:38 PM by Sine Deviance »

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
there is one of these on the insp cover

the way you look at the cover from the front towards the rear of the vehicle is located on the top right (driver's side) of the insp cover.
i have no idea what kind of bolt this is

the 2 bolts on the bottom are M12 (metric 12) and about 2-3/4'' long (or even 2-1/2), if you miss those you can use 1/2'' bolts no problem.

'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Sine Deviance

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
Awesome, I'll pick some up next time I hit AutoZone. Thanks again.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 04:53:12 AM »
Awesome, I'll pick some up next time I hit AutoZone. Thanks again.

forgot to mention that the 2 bolts on the bottom have nuts (nylock ones)

Sine Deviance

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I go looking for replacements...