Author Topic: trac lok  (Read 562 times)

jinxjay

trac lok
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:47:46 PM »
hi folks quick question, I've broke the diff in my dana 35, I have just bought a brand new trac lok posi to replace it, I know how to fit and check etc. but I was wondering if it needed some kind of pre-lube before running, or if there was some kind of running in procedure,

thanks in advance for any help,

cheers Jay.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: trac lok
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 02:57:33 PM »
hi folks quick question, I've broke the diff in my dana 35, I have just bought a brand new trac lok posi to replace it, I know how to fit and check etc. but I was wondering if it needed some kind of pre-lube before running, or if there was some kind of running in procedure,

thanks in advance for any help,

cheers Jay.

i think 500 miles is usually for diff break-in (but that's more for the R&P) in which time you drive mildly and no offroading or any heavy load on the vehicle (including no long trips so you keep the temp low) - after that you inspect and replace the gear oil, not sure about your trak-lok - should be in the instructions sheet though.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end