Author Topic: Where to get THIS part???  (Read 1022 times)

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Where to get THIS part???
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
So I am looking for this part, and according to the FSM, it's called the Fuel Filler Neck Shroud, but if I do a google, I only get the plastic part around the actual fuel filler cap, not the little cover underneath.  Anyone know what this is called and where I can get it (along with the studs required to fit it in place)?

I, like an idiot, tokk it of to check the fuel tank, and left it just hanging there.  Then I took the Jeep for a ride, and lost it along the way somewhere...  And I dont think it woud be all that smart to leave that exposed for all the stones and mud the tires kick up!

Felipe
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: Where to get THIS part???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »
I don't think you'll be able to buy one unless someone removed it.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline jfrabat

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »
I don't think you'll be able to buy one unless someone removed it.

That's what I'm afraid of...  Guess I'll have to fab something up to put there.
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

95yjman

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »
does it go alll the way to the corner of the tub? and cover all that stuff also?

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
mine didn't have one when i bought it - it had a fender-bender in that corner so probably the prev owner didn't replace it. I did not have any issues though, probably better if you have it but i think you're safe without it too.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline jfrabat

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »
It's not CRITICAL to have it, but it would kind of suck to have to clean out all the mud that is likely to get in there if I go wheeling...  So I rather fab something up (I'm thinking some thin aluminum riveted into place) than leave it open; that should help keep the fuel hoses cleaner and away from rocks.

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:09:51 PM »
I ditched mine years ago. Wish I still had them around I'd send them to ya. You could check and see if any yards have them.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Banshee600

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
www.oly4x4.com jeep wrecking yard in snohomish wa I think they will shipp to you jeeps is all they do