Author Topic: ADJUSTABLE MODIFIED STOCK AIR BOX  (Read 9687 times)

Offline chardrc

Re: ADJUSTABLE MODIFIED STOCK AIR BOX
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »
don't downsize the picture.. downsizing is usually for thumbnail pics... just upload them to photobucket, not directly to this site.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

quicksand

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »
I will try that later. Thanks

quicksand

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 09:16:26 PM »
Just tried again, I got as far as getting a few pics on photo bucket, I then sent them to my pics on my computer, and tried to send. It told me again file is full. I am going to take a break. I will learn this one day.

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »
you don't send them anywhere once they're on photobucket.  go to your photobucket account, click on a picture you want to share.  Once that pic is larger and the only one on the pb page, look to the right for the url address contained within image tags (img).  Copy that url with the img tags and paste it into your message on here.  That's it.

quicksand

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »
OK I will try that later, Thanks bounty hunter, Hope you are doing well.

RT

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
I might just be being silly, but are you running the stock tubing?

quicksand

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 12:01:28 PM »
No stock tubing, its a 3in after market put together from a old neon in two pcs. Also wrapped in reflective insulated wrap, to keep air temps down.

quicksand

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 12:12:10 PM »
Here is another try, remember in raw form proto type, works great.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:30:37 PM by Jeffy »

quicksand

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 12:27:54 PM »
Well I got that far, Remember that is a proto type in raw form, needs cleaning up, I do run a bigger air tube with insulation, bored 4.0L TB, custom TB spacer, accel coil and wires, NGK plugs gapped at .037, catback, magnaflow muffler and of course it does have a K&N filter. Like I said before I am able to adjust my incoming air to adjust for fuel changes. I can get my lil rig real torquey or smooth response with top speeds of 80 to 85mph. I am still tweeking to find sweet spot between power and MPG. Any do not laugh its working nice, I know it does not look impressive.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 01:02:33 PM »
what is the "adjustable" part of the setup?

doesn't look bad at all, not sure why you're all concerned about that.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 02:20:10 PM »
Not to knock you for trying but I think your medicine is more of a sugar pill than anything.
After a round of mods many people thing they unleashed XX amount of HP and TQ, but in reality little if any gains are actual.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

quicksand

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:31 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but I just adjusted my air box again and gained upper RPM torque and using less pedal. Anyway works for me. Happy 4 Wheeling.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 02:46:26 PM »
I understand what you are saying, but I just adjusted my air box again and gained upper RPM torque and using less pedal. Anyway works for me. Happy 4 Wheeling.

what are you adjusting
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »
That's an interesting setup.  

I guess maybe the front right tire spins and generates some minor air pressure in to the airbox via the hole above the shock.   "Tire turbo" -- just coined that term.     :whistle:

Would be interesting to see test results on that -- see what air pressure, if any, is measured through the intake hole you cut in the wheel well connecting to the air-box.  The other holes in the box would probably sabotage any kind of accurate readings.

Dirt, road debris, water are probably a strong disincentive to cut in to a wheel well for better air flow -- why maybe risk an engine just for a few horsepower?  
Then there's:  If you want a little external air pressure in to the intake, get yourself some kind of ram air hood setup; it'll be cleaner.    

Still an interesting concept, though
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 04:14:41 PM »
I still don't see what's adjustable though