Author Topic: electric fan  (Read 5053 times)

DemonicHuey

electric fan
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 06:42:04 AM »
Is this Mod any good for the high temps of Las Vegas??? Gowd i would hate to do this and have it over heat over the next summer. nothing worse then 110+ and running low on water....

YJmechanic

electric fan
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 06:51:22 AM »
what intake tube do you have on that motor?  i have never seen one that sticks out over the front like that.

lanulos89

electric fan
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 07:22:22 AM »
its some ghetto one i got off ebay, the way its designed its soposed to go cross the valve cover, but it does have the height, so i just ziptied it out front, still work the same.  I got it off ebay for like 40 bucks a year or so ago.  Work fine, and its beat the hell outta spending 200+ on a k&n setup. Didnt come with the K&n filter tho that i bought last month.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
electric fan
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2006, 01:01:34 PM »
Quote from: "DemonicHuey"
Is this Mod any good for the high temps of Las Vegas??? Gowd i would hate to do this and have it over heat over the next summer. nothing worse then 110+ and running low on water....

I'd make sure you get one with a large fan.  A ford Taurus/3.8L fan is popular.  One guy used a Mini's fan.  THe main thing is to try to get a fan that covers as much of the radiator as possible and has enough CFM to pull air though.

I've heard of some people going to electrics and haven't overheating problems but those are with off the shelf FLex-a-lite universals.  I haven't heard of any complaints from the Ford fan other then the huge starting load.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

lanulos89

electric fan
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2006, 04:48:41 PM »
well i had my first problem today.  I was crusing down the road, and went to turn off my fan b/c i was getting on the highway, so i flipped the switch, and my stereo went dead.  Turns out my relay was back feeding my acc line which i wired the fan switch into.  So i went toradio shack spent a whole 74 cents and bought and wired in a diod.  worked like a charm.