Author Topic: Banks Monster Cat Back on an '01 TJ  (Read 3034 times)

tlucier

Re: Banks Monster Cat Back on an '01 TJ
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2007, 08:55:15 AM »
Hey guys!  Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions to help me.  Yesterday, I loosened the clamp connecting the tailpipe to the muffler.  I pulled the pipe away from the muffler a bit and rotated the entire pipe as much as the hangers would allow to clear the shock.  I tightened the clamp to hold the pipe in place.  Then I went to the rear most hanger and pushed the pin in a little further than normal.  It was a bit of a pain as there is a stop on the pin that is tough to fit through the rubber hanger, but a good spraying of WD40 on the hanger and pin helped that.  I can post pics if you want, but all you're gonna see is a pipe with clearance between the gas tank and the shock. 

Thanks again for the help!  I really appreciate it!   :thumb:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2007, 12:51:43 PM »
Congrats.  I think a picture would be nice for a final resolution.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

tlucier

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 10:47:32 AM »
The pictures I took are too big.  I'll take a few more after work at a lower resolution and post them tonight.

tlucier

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
Ok, here are the final pictures.  As you can see, I've got plenty of clearance now.  If you look at the hanger, you can see where the stop on the pin from the frame sits up flush against the hanger.  You can't see the stop on the hanger pin coming off the exhaust pipe.  That's because I pushed it into the hanger to gain a little more clearance.  Thanks again to everyone for all your help!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jesse-James

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »
So.....how's it sound?

tlucier

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »
It's got a deeper, throatier sound versus the stock exhaust.  Its a nice mellow sound, slightly louder than stock but not obnoxious.  It's not a high pitched sound like those Honda aftermarket exhaust systems.  I was worried about how it would sound, but after installing it and hearing it, I'm pretty happy.