Author Topic: What random things can be swapped into a Jeep Wrangler  (Read 11879 times)

Torch_Ind

Re: What random things can be swapped into a Jeep Wrangler
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 07:59:47 PM »
random reply?

no this topic is beating a dead mule/horse lol not random.. the question is random.. like I said if there's a will there is a way!! 

that's what makes jeep "it's a jeep thing"

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 08:58:43 PM »
no this topic is beating a dead mule/horse lol not random.. the question is random.. like I said if there's a will there is a way!! 

that's what makes jeep "it's a jeep thing"

i think he's got a good idea, not everyone has a welder, plasma cutter, etc. or access to a shop so for the guys without many resources imo it's a good topic. It could even make it in the faq as a list of non-YJ or non-Tj bolt-on swaps, there are plenty of individual threads with swaps but like he said not one with an itemized list (like transmissions, we know the AX15 can be swapped but i have no idea what automatic transmissions work in the YJ or TJ, someone asked this at some point and none of us was of much help since probably 90% of the members have a stick).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 11:15:23 PM »
Interesting on the steering box and no thanks on the torch/plasma/welder/chop saw/drill press/tube bender etc. I want to do easier upgrades for now due to the lack of space for half the tools that would be needed.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »
Interesting on the steering box and no thanks on the torch/plasma/welder/chop saw/drill press/tube bender etc. I want to do easier upgrades for now due to the lack of space for half the tools that would be needed.

check my build it's all done in my back yard.. only minor things done on the hoist witch you would prob bring in anyway. due to needing a press or tire machines etc..

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 11:34:19 PM »
Not exactly a swap out of something else but tonight I used hockey pucks to fix two of the frame to body lifts. Somewhere along the way the far back two broke off. I used two 8" grade 8 bolts and 3 hockey pucks for each to fix the back two. I will add a picture later when I run out to my Jeep on break.

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »
3 hockey pucks on each side and back in business!!!

Torch_Ind

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »
3 hockey pucks on each side and back in business!!!

hokey pucks are unsafe to use they can crack and break.

not recommended !!

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
I disagree, genuine hockey pucks are safe and tough as nails.  But I'd never stack them or recommend stacking them  :nono:

Torch_Ind

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 11:57:35 AM »
I disagree, genuine hockey pucks are safe and tough as nails.  But I'd never stack them or recommend stacking them  :nono:

you can disagree all you want it's unsafe practice!!  if your to promote using hockey pucks for lift kits OMG lol  you would be better of using tube and cap the ends and drill the proper size holes

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
I have seen hockey pucks as lifts and I have seen them cracking as well. This was more of a temporary fix but given that I had nothing there and it was showing signs of wear on the others, I wanted to give a quick fix while I save up money for real ones because not only will I either buy the same kind of lifts or replace with a proper suspension upgrade but I will also need to buy the original mounts as well.

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »
So I bought me an alternator that from what I researched is a 136 amp. 15.00 dollars at the local yard. 5.00 core though. Will install tomorrow!!! I think that once I install this I am close to the end for the simple and easy swap upgrades. Question that I have is will the alternator add any to performance or just be a better part?

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
So I bought me an alternator that from what I researched is a 136 amp. 15.00 dollars at the local yard. 5.00 core though. Will install tomorrow!!! I think that once I install this I am close to the end for the simple and easy swap upgrades. Question that I have is will the alternator add any to performance or just be a better part?

you'll have more available electrical power but you'll need to upgrade wiring, there are a few threads regarding the alternator wiring for anything more than 100Amp
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline grumpygy

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

It will help if you add the Electric fan conversion as listed in the FAQs.  The Taurus fan does pull some juice.
94 YJ, Cool Air intake, 19lb Inj, 4.0 Throttlebody with spacer,  31/10.50/15's

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 08:12:14 PM »
It will help if you add the Electric fan conversion as listed in the FAQs.  The Taurus fan does pull some juice.
low speed isn't bad on a stock 75A alternator with a thermostat switch.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Well I think the old alternator was kinda weak because the battery output seemed way better also pry because of the larger alternator. Had to pound the crap out of the top bracket in order to get it in place due to the little round metal piece in the rear hole. (get your minds out of the gutter) After I hit it for a bit it moved and went right into place! My next upgrade will be the electric fan. Now about the larger wire, for the alternator, could I get this at Quadratec?