Author Topic: What is the coolest thing you have done to the interior of your jeep?  (Read 7064 times)

Nicks92jeeper

What I have done is I have Herculined the interior of the tub, installed seats from a Pontiac Sunfire, installed a row of LED lights under the lip on the bottom of each door to help people to not trip and a center console. I was going to go with a center console/cooler/heater from walmart but not sure if I really want to do that. Looking for better ideas then that.

Offline neale_rs

Re: What is the coolest thing you have done to the interior of your jeep?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:12:44 AM »
Got the rear seat brackets from ebay and mounted the rear seat along with the rear seat belts and a fire extinguisher on the roll bar.  Also, the Jeep emblem in the center of the steering wheel was missing so I glued in a picture of Sarge, from the Cars movie.

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

Torch_Ind

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 04:38:17 PM »
I got a tj sound bar with interior light witch I wired to work with the switches  :thumb:

I have tuffy security audio console for my cd/usb deck!! I can flip over the cover it's weather proof when closed "top off" also have the stock cassette deck as decoy in stock location for thief's :thumb:

other then that I have typical cb installed.

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »
Oh, well, I have done many things, and I consider them all cool in one way or another...

• Seat covers for all 3 seats (cool because it made the Jeep look about 10 years younger than what it really is)
  • Stereo system - 2 6" speakers in modpods under the doors, 2 6X9" speakers in sound wedgets between the rollbar and the rear fender, Blue Tooth main unit, 1,200W amp and 12" aluminum subwoofer (cool because there is nothing cooler than blasting your music with the top on or actually being able to HEAR your music at highway speeds with the top off!)
  • Rhino-lined interior (cool because now the tub will last longer, is a little less noise, and I dont have to worry about scratching the paint when I go wheeling)
  • Center console and saddles (cool because it lets me store all the Jeep stuff inside the Jeep without it looking like it is inside the Jeep)
  • 5. Tuffy overhead dual console (cool because both radios are out of the way from the elements, yet extremely accessible)
  • Using the same switches for all my accesories (cool because everything looks uniform and like it belongs there!)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:53:55 PM by jfrabat »
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:45:08 PM »
My YJ has a foldable rear seat and tuffy expandable "lockbox."  http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-297-071-expandable-rear-security-lockbox.aspx
It's been decent going from hauling a bunch of tools in the expanded box to hauling one or two more people in the same space once the seat is up, the tools are out of the box and the thing is "broken down."  

Like my Tuffy center console with the insert for the radio, also.  

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:48:10 PM by chrisfranklin »
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »
My Kenwood stereo with 7" retractable screen is still one of the coolest things in or on my Jeep. Integrated Garmin GPS, back-up camera and iPod integration makes it a triple threat.
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
Oh, well, I have done many things, and I consider them all cool in one way or another...

• Seat covers for all 3 seats (cool because it made the Jeep look about 10 years younger than what it really is)
  • Stereo system - 2 6" speakers in modpods under the doors, 2 6X9" speakers in sound wedgets between the rollbar and the rear fender, Blue Tooth main unit, 1,200W amp and 12" aluminum subwoofer (cool because there is nothing cooler than blasting your music with the top on or actually being able to HEAR your music at highway speeds with the top off!)
  • Rhino-lined interior (cool because now the tub will last longer, is a little less noise, and I dont have to worry about scratching the paint when I go wheeling)
  • Center console and saddles (cool because it lets me store all the Jeep stuff inside the Jeep without it looking like it is inside the Jeep)
  • 5. Tuffy overhead dual console (cool because both radios are out of the way from the elements, yet extremely accessible)
  • Using the same switches for all my accesories (cool because everything looks uniform and like it belongs there!)

did you lined your hardtop? imo that's the coolest thing, didn't see a YJ like that yet other than yours.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
did you lined your hardtop? imo that's the coolest thing, didn't see a YJ like that yet other than yours.
Most of the later aftermarket tops are lined with carpet.  My Guidon/Steel Horse didn't have them but later models did.

The coolest thing I've done to the interior is probably swap out my seats from Mastercraft Rubicons.  They're cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  They breath so no sweaty backs and they're super comfortable.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »
The coolest thing I've done to the interior is probably swap out my seats from Mastercraft Rubicons.  They're cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  They breath so no sweaty backs and they're super comfortable.

i was looking at those, they're really nice - does the back adjusts/recline or they're one-piece?

only issues i have are that they're fabric (so prone to getting soaked if you get a quick shower not to mention getting dirty, at least in my case they would) and not sure if they have a recline mechanism for the rear bench (not using it on a regular basis but once in a blue moon i put the rear bench on for an occasional passenger there) - how are these things working for you?

and of course the price is prime but i guess you pay for quality so that's not ultimately an issue.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:16 AM »
Ripped pretty much everything that was not essential for 4 wheelin out of my big Jeep.
Still got to tear the heater box out and all none essentials will be gone, I like this Jeep as bare bones as absolutely possible
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
i was looking at those, they're really nice - does the back adjusts/recline or they're one-piece?

only issues i have are that they're fabric (so prone to getting soaked if you get a quick shower not to mention getting dirty, at least in my case they would) and not sure if they have a recline mechanism for the rear bench (not using it on a regular basis but once in a blue moon i put the rear bench on for an occasional passenger there) - how are these things working for you?

and of course the price is prime but i guess you pay for quality so that's not ultimately an issue.
Mine do not recline but then that's not an issue.  You can buy some that do but they're a lot more money.  The cloth is pretty wide weave which breaths.  There is minimal foam in the seat so it should dry out quickly.  I've done several 400-700 mile road trips and they are still comfortable.  The seats are also 2" wider then the stock ones so if you have a large center console like I do you'll have to adjust the seat outboard a bit.  Also because of the angle of the seat and the added foam at the front of the seat, it's as if the seat is 2" taller so you might want to lower the seat some.  I removed my sliders and have fixed seats.  I also don't have a tilt wheel so it made getting in and out a PITA.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Torch_Ind

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »

that what I want next is good seats  :thumb:

jramey

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
Got you all beat! Put a new leather shift knob from Walmart in the ole xj. I'm styling now  :fya:

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 12:07:41 AM »
Got you all beat! Put a new leather shift knob from Walmart in the ole xj. I'm styling now  :fya:

Well I accidentally smeared Herculiner on the stick and now the knob barely goes on!!! Actually I played hell cleaning it up. Just kept screwing the knob on and off till it cleared it off.

Nicks92jeeper

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 12:09:36 AM »
I am actually thinking about painting the dash with interior dash paint to give it the newer look again. Has anyone tried this? I did it to my Honda and it turned out pretty nice.