Author Topic: Anyone in the Pinellas FL area - I've been robbed  (Read 2702 times)

AGUHR

Anyone in the Pinellas FL area - I've been robbed
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
Tuesday during the day a guy just walks into my yard and steel my tranny skid plate and some rolled steel.
I'm speechless, no idea what to even say about it. I'm pissed. I reported it and gave them the pics - but really holy crap what is the world coming to that they are steeling stuff like this - he'll prob get $10 when its a $300 skid - I hope they catch him - I'm going to press charges for theft, trespassing, and I dont know what else.

Offline chardrc

Re: Anyone in the Pinellas FL area - I've been robbed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »
damn that sucks man. unbelievable how many scumbags there are. Hope they catch him
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

AGUHR

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »
i guy gave me a great idea. I'm going to send the pics to all the metal scrap yards in the area.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:29:24 PM »
Wow, how'd he know you had that stuff?  Could be a Jeeper?
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

AGUHR

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:44:15 PM »
I think he probably lives in the area - so I'm going to keep my eye out.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 07:58:28 PM »
I think he probably lives in the area - so I'm going to keep my eye out.
Did you have the stuff just laying out front or was it behind a fence?
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 08:09:54 PM »
Did you have the stuff just laying out front or was it behind a fence?

i'm wondering the same thing, how did he know?
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

WranglerCOdy

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:30:06 AM »
its damn hard to recover your property after someone takes it. i had a trailer stolen off my property about 8 years ago and about a year after it was stolen it rolled backed to the tile plant behind a roofers truck. nothing could be done tho. soo good luck.

Torch_Ind

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
I have seen people crawl under a truck and steel the drive shaft.

I have my jeep raided and all they took was burnt cd's and some junk. left all my stereo and money in the ash tray behind? lol

my buddy had his front fenders grill and hood on his front lawn for 30mins while he cleaned up his garage and they where gone when he went back out for them. he posted it on facebook and his neighbors had seen and knew who did it so he got them back.

people will steel anything..   "crackheads"

Offline aka-justin

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 07:07:34 PM »
I feel your pain. Good luck and may something large fall on the theive's head.
[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Torch_Ind

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
I feel your pain. Good luck and may something large fall on the theive's head.

:thumb:

I like to think they get it back in Karma later

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 09:48:24 AM »
It's amazing what some people will do.  How did you get the pics?  Was it a surveillance camera or something like that?
'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

AGUHR

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 03:00:57 PM »
I have surveillance cameras on our house because my jeep kept getting broken into (well i never locked it) figured if they wanted in I would rather have them open the door then cut the window. anyhow

The skid plate was in this little cuby (for a lack of better word) I have where I put my trash can and all of my dirt jeep parts the wife wont let me keep in the garage. I have drums, disk breaks, a drag link, old oil. It has a shelf with other parts on it too. So no a normal person would not have said oh - that's trash.  My lesson here is that a door is going on it with a lock this weekend.

I did an official police report last night - the office seems to recognize the truck - he said with the video it will help the detective to find the person.  And since its $300-$500 replacement value on a skid plate it became a grand theft felony. I also gave the video and pics to our local crime watch president - he said he would keep an eye out and catch the guy. Retired Marine (hard nosed dude) very cool guy.

I'll tell you I posted this same thing on Pirate - you gotta love their responses, they get creative for sure.

Now I wait until I find the guy or the police do - I know I will probably never get it back. I'm just pissed because I have old axle housing and tie rod that aren't worth anything the guy could have had for free - but he took the one thing I was actually working on.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »

I'll tell you I posted this same thing on Pirate - you gotta love their responses, they get creative for sure.

what do you mean, some quotes would be nice so we can get a glimpse
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

AGUHR

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 03:29:37 PM »
some of the things they suggest:

1.  Try baiting him again with more scrap metal like a ball of copper wire or copper pipe.

2.  nononono u got it alll wrong. u bait him and when he comes you go out and kick the bo-yah! out of him

3.  Oh and I need you to find an old hammer too...
The police are going to ask why I killed him and I am going to have to show them what he attempted to attack me with...

4.  220 wires to the baited spool of copper

5.  paralleled with another 220 breaker

Thats just some of the stuff they said - one dude posted pics of 2 guys melted to a utility post - Downtown Dallas. Copper thieves were trying to pull a 13,200 volt live wire out of a conduit.