Author Topic: Jeep Beer!  (Read 665 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Jeep Beer!
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:22:51 PM »
http://www.jeepbeer.com/index.asp

http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/02/04/dont-drink-and-drive-jeep-beer-from-china/

Don’t drink and Drive: Jeep Beer from China

PUBLISHED ON FEBRUARY 4, 2012 BY TYCHO DE FEYTER

It has been an interesting week. We saw a Chinese car company copying the true American Ford F150 and Chevy Silverado Colorado. This one however, beats all. Here we have a Chinese beer brand from the great city of Jingzhou in Hubei Province called ‘Jeep Beer’ (吉普啤酒). ‘USA Jeep Group Limited’, a pic of a Jeep, ‘Jeep’s Premium Quality Beer’, and ‘Just for Man’.

Stealing Jeep-things for beer is really bad, but what really pisses me off is that they also copied the famous tilted ‘e’, the red star, and the label’s overall design from the great beermaker Heineken from the Netherlands, My Home Country! That ‘e’ alone has been copyrighted a zillion times!

The full name of the company is ‘Hubei Jeep Brewery Corporation’, established only in 2010. I never heard of them before and I have been drinking a lotta beer in the seven long years I have been in China. Guess I have to go to Hubei to taste me a Jeep.

They introduce themselves on their website with a brilliant piece o’ work. Translated by Google but you’ll get the point:

Hubei Jeep beer has become a symbol of a free and conquered, in the world.

★ Hubei Jeep infinite vitality exists, even in the harsh environment remains highly viable. Car culture, movies, culture, and fast food culture, collectively referred to as the modern United States’ three cultures, and Jeep is one of the most representative of the brand, it is concentrated expression of the American adventurous and determination of the character, be regarded as materialized a symbol of American spirit.

★ kind of the Jeep to conquer difficulties, chasing the heroic spirit, the Jeep kind of pioneers. Aloof pride of the brave … has been a realistic portrayal of the next-generation cowboy.

Well indeed!, but at least this Hubei Jeep Brewery genuinely seems to like America, wit those cowboys and all.

Best thing: they offered a real Jeep as an award for the distributor who could sell the most Jeep Beer. It was apparently won by a man who sold 60.000 liter. Google again:

“To do the JEEP beer business, Award JEEP off-road vehicle!”

Hubei Jeep Brewery got some other interesting beers:

Aobull and Germany Soldier, that last one will mix fine with a a Jeep.

All right, that’s it, I am gonna get a myself Carlsberg and call Heineken in Amsterdam.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline aka-justin

Re: Jeep Beer!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »
I think this jeep comes with a free 12 pack of that beer.

[1995 YJ 2.5L with 4" lift on 31" KM2 - Sold] 1995yj
[2003 TJ Rubicon 4.0L with 4" lift on 35" Wrangler M/T - Sold]
To be continued...
--Justin

Bikerjr1

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
Now that's just wrong.  Here I gotta deal with cheap China made parts and tools and just about everything else and NOW I see this.  I sure hope their quality control is better on this than their other stuff.
JR

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
it's a local marketing gimmick, you won't see it in US or North America for that matter (and i don't think any European country would import beer from China :lol: not to mention the trademark infringement which would kill it right off the bat). For what is worth probably free advertisement for Chrysler. They probably have Ferrari Champagne and Lamborghini Cognac. Mercedes vintage wines and BMW aged brandy and most likely Silverado and RAM vodka  :roflol:
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end