Author Topic: ChryslerGroup Win Silver in IDEA  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
ChryslerGroup Win Silver in IDEA
« on: June 30, 2005, 02:40:43 PM »
The Industrial Design Excellence Awards are dedicated to fostering business and public understanding of the importance of industrial design excellence to the quality of life and the economy. Winning the IDEA is a distinction like no other that brands your design as the very best in the business, among your peers, among your clients, among consumers around the world.

Silver 2005: Design Explorations

Jeep Hurricane

Credit: ChryslerGroup

The purpose of the Hurricane project was to design the most maneuverable, most capable, and most powerful 4x4 ever. The exploration resulted in a twin-engine fully-functional concept vehicle with the ability to turn on its own axis. Adding to the vehicle's maneuverability is its ability to crab steer (all four wheels can turn up to 45 degrees in the same direction, allowing the vehicle to literally move sideways). Hurricane's raw and honest appearance helps communicate the vehicle's extreme capability. An exposed carbon frame, brushed and polished aluminum components and HEMI orange engine blocks and interior accents are true to the materials used. Designers succeeded in creating a vehicle that has generated enthusiasm and buzz for the Jeep brand—as seen in the positive media coverage and many awards and accolades.

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

StefanBidi

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 04:44:27 PM »
I didn't like the Hurricane at first, but it's slowy growing on me.  I really like that picture of the guy sitting on it while there's no body on.

KS98TJ

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 07:51:25 AM »
Hey, at least someone is creating a concept vehicle that truly has "concept" as key part of it.  :)

StefanBidi

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 10:27:13 AM »
Quote from: "KS98TJ"
Hey, at least someone is creating a concept vehicle that truly has "concept" as key part of it.  :)

I don't know why, but that right there just reminded me of the Volvo YCC and got me thinking.  What IF, the were to grap the Hurricane, and use that ignition system on the YCC?  In cause you don't know what i"m talking about, the YCC has a system that whenever the vehicle comes to a complete stop it shuts off the engine completely.  Then whenever you hit the gas again, an electric motor, which also serves as a starter, starts moving the car and starts up the engine.  Now imagine that on the Hurricane.  I mean, how good of a mileage can you get with 2 Hemi's?