Author Topic: BL+MML vs. SYE and CV  (Read 1093 times)

01amberfirewv

BL+MML vs. SYE and CV
« on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:53 PM »
I have an OME and now I have the drop on.  I also have in the basement a MORE BL and a SYE and Woods CV shaft.  I have been thinking the SYE and CV may be oerkill for my small lift and I caould use some cash to begin upgrading my turdy5.  Would a BL and MML allow me to get rid of my t-case drop?

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: BL+MML vs. SYE and CV
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 09:52:08 PM »
Quote from: "01amberfirewv"
I have an OME and now I have the drop on.  I also have in the basement a MORE BL and a SYE and Woods CV shaft.  I have been thinking the SYE and CV may be oerkill for my small lift and I caould use some cash to begin upgrading my turdy5.  Would a BL and MML allow me to get rid of my t-case drop?

Well a body lift doesn't really do anything.  And using only a MML, you can run into the problem of having a driveshaft that's too short but if that's what you're running now and you don't have any vibrations then you are probably ok.  Although, if you lose a U-joint in the driveshaft and have to pull it, you'll  still be left with a large hole that will leak ATF. This is one of the advantages of having a SYE.

The other thing you can do with a CV and SYE is to run a flat skid so your ground clearance is really optimized.  This not only brings up the shifters and looks nice but you won't be dragging your transfer case skid.  You'll probably have as much clearance under the skid as a Jeep with a lot more lift and taller tires.  So I think it's a good investment.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline jagular7

BL+MML vs. SYE and CV
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 06:52:10 AM »
I have a 1"BL, MM and running a nearly 4" lift and still run the stock ds. I'm currently putting in a 8.8 and will be looking at a SYE or a dual t-case setup.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s