Author Topic: deep water  (Read 6934 times)

Offline chardrc

deep water
« on: September 18, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »
i ust got back from a great opening weekend of grous hunting.. whichmeans i was jeeping all weekend :weee: .. and when we go up hunting (near hibing mn) we bruing our cj2a and 3a and go through some raealy deep water... adn i think we tied our preveous recor by having about 3=4 inches of water over the floorbords.... to have another perspective the water was about 2 inches over our 30 inch superswampers..... my wuestion is how deep of water have you been through with your jeep....

ow ya and for you info the jeep staled in the middle of the poodle :cry: ... cuz we still have the go devil engin and it ran out of power :roll: .. but its started right back up like the little devil thosemotor are :twisted: ..
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Liljeepz

deep water
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »
This isen't me but I drove by him on labor day.
He had plenty of help so I didn't bother stoping.

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
deep water
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »
not that deep yet...my first run this Spring, a guy hydrolocked and blew up his motor on a water pass I had just gone through....wasn't that deep, but I decided to take it easy in the water until I get a snorkle on.

2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline chardrc

deep water
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »
Quote from: "Mozman68"
I decided to take it easy in the water until I get a snorkle on.

ya your lucky.. im minnesota its illegal to have a snorkle ecven if it comes factor stock :evil: ....
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Liljeepz

deep water
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »
Hey! your windows are closed and top is on!!! That's no fun!
Before

A few sec's later!

Still finding mud places!

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
deep water
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
Quote from: "Liljeepz"
Hey! your windows are closed and top is on!!! That's no fun!

That was a St. Patrick's day run...colder than...uhhhh...something really cold....(and it was my first run..ever.)
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
Re: deep water
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »
Quote from: "chardrc"
ow ya and for you info the jeep staled in the middle of the poodle :cry: ... cuz we still have the go devil engin and it ran out of power :roll: .. but its started right back up like the little devil thosemotor are :twisted: ..

Damn those poodles straight to hell. All stuck up and whatnot because of breed superiority and those extra sweet hair do's people give them.:lol:

Ummm the deepest with my current Jeep was about and inch over my stock 225 tires. Previous Jeep.....with 33's and a three inch lift the deepest was an inch or two below the highest point on the hood. It was a 2000 sport.
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
deep water
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
Quote from: "chardrc"
Quote from: "Mozman68"
I decided to take it easy in the water until I get a snorkle on.

ya your lucky.. im minnesota its illegal to have a snorkle ecven if it comes factor stock :evil: ....

Actually if it was stock Federal DOT regulatons would supercede state DOT.  It's a bit wird thought.  This is because the Feds deem it safe and legal.  Although if you change/modify it in any way, it won't be legal.

For example, lets take the new JK. The new JK had huge fender/flares attached to the front.  I'd have to believe that state DOT's would call it a flare and not a fender.  Many states have flare laws that so not allow extended flares past stock.  If you modified the flares they might deem them not stock and cite you for them even though they might cover the same area.  It would be stupid if they did it that way, but I'm sure they will.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Jesse-James

deep water
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 01:31:08 AM »
This is about as deep as I've been.  If you want to call that water.

Offline chardrc

deep water
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 07:11:23 PM »
thats water.. ive seen worse.. youve got a ways of safety left there....

cold how could.. we go in our cj2/3a's with bicinitops and half doors all fall for hunting and during derr hunting and its been below zero on more than one ocation... but then again we have 2 heaters in both the jeeps....

but on a side not iv sleped overnight outside with nothing but 2 sleeping bags and a tarp when it got down to -34 degrees f that night.. that was cool....realy cold..

ow ya and to put into perspective how f**d up the dnr in mn is... one weekend we went up to our hunting area adn tthey closed the forest becasue it was too wet adn mudy.... but the kicker was it was below zero the whole weekend so everything was frozzen!!!! :rant: ... but we found some trails that didnt have trail closed signs so we hunted as normal.. escept we couldnt camp in our camp site :cry: ..

ow ay and 1 m,ore exzample.. one time when we were 4wheeling up there the trails were too wet to drive on but the ground was to drive to have a fire...... ya the dnr in mn is retarder

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

BigSkyYJ

deep water
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 10:23:59 AM »
Well, I was following my buddy's Scout on 38" Swampers through a river crossing, so we didn't get pics, but with my 4.5" of total lift on 32s, I was in enough water to start floating.  The only thing that kept me from becoming a boat was flooring it to keep enough forward momentum to make it that last 20-30 feet to where the riverbed began to slope upward and out.  In another crossing at almost the same location, I had half of my tail lights underwater as I was climbing the bank on the other side, but that was only about half the rig.

This was later in the day when he didn't make it the first time and thought he could on the second run with more speed.  

2 months before the above pic, about 400' from where that one was taken.

YJmechanic

deep water
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:15 PM »
i have had mud to almost the top of the hood with 35's but that was pushing it.  i try not to do that stuff anymore.  too much chance of motor damage.

Offline chardrc

deep water
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »
i should ahve some good mud/water storyes coming up.. next weekend is Mea aka 4day weekend akla 4days of hunting adn jeeping in northern MN... and i think there will be ice since ti snowed today in the cities....

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Jesse-James

deep water
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »
This was a couple weeks ago. Water line on the airbox was about 2 inches from the intake and the pedals were under water inside, but the trans sucked in water and I lost 2nd and 3rd gear (auto). Should be fixed soon.

dan684

this is deep
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 09:46:11 PM »
not me but i saw it on youtube.com

<object><param></param><param></param></object>