Author Topic: Problem with jumpy/bumpy gas pedal -  (Read 3126 times)

SMC4WD

Problem with jumpy/bumpy gas pedal -
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »
Anxiously awaiting a reason...  

I've removed the return spring... that could be my problem too.

(O|||||O) in SB

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 09:43:55 PM »
I haven't taken the jeep to the mechanic yet about the spring but I have experimented successfully with another solution.  :idea: This solution came from Bounty Hunter.

It's common, my YJ does it when you have too much foot on the pedal. Back your foot off the gas pedal to where you're just using your toes to operate the accelerator. You will no longer have the weight of your foot on the pedal and it won't bounce over the rough stuff.

I have moved my foot down on the gas pedal so I can see the top half of the pedal (I can see the top of my shoe when I look/glance down) and the problem goes away!  The shifting is smoother and there is no bucking over bumps.   :D

My son was also having problems driving the jeep, so I told him to lower his foot on the gas pedal and his problems went away too.   :D  It is a little weird driving with just your toe on the pedal but I'm getting used to it.

I think I'll still see what the mechanic has in mind so I can have a little more freedom in where I put my foot.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »
Hmm, never had this problems but I don't usually ride high on the pedal anyway. I guess I unknowingly learned this.  :nothing:

If it doesn't really bother you anymore then I probably wouldn't bother taking it in.  Specially if all they're going to do is add another spring to the TB.  Now that I think about it, I have heard of this being a solution.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."