Author Topic: Rubicon lockers  (Read 1035 times)

Shrek

Rubicon lockers
« on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:59 PM »
Has anybody put Rubicon D44s in their TJ? I can't figure out how to wire the Rubicon compressors. I am not going to use the sensors for conformation, I just want to turn the compressors on and off. I can't find a wiring schematic anywhere. You can fit those compressors in your shirt pocket!

SMC4WD

Rubicon lockers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:36:19 PM »
The Rubicon lockers use very low PSI...  like 5psi...  I think they use pressure from the engine/manifold or somewhere around there.  

Warranty from Jeep is a joke.  Rumor has it, they don't warranty against off road.  :o

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Rubicon lockers
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 04:38:13 PM »
Quote from: "SMC4WD"
The Rubicon lockers use very low PSI...  like 5psi...  I think they use pressure from the engine/manifold or somewhere around there.  

Warranty from Jeep is a joke.  Rumor has it, they don't warranty against off road.  :o

Sounds like he's got the compressor hooked up and just needs to wire it.

I'd check the FAQ for a '03 or newer FSM.  It will be in there.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

YJmechanic

Rubicon lockers
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 06:09:53 PM »
i'll see if i can dig up a wiring diagram for you tommorrow

by the way just mentioning it,  we have a power wagon in the shop with no 2nd or 3rd gear and chrysler booted the warranty claim for abuse.  i didn't get into with a regional rep but my opion is how can you market a truck the way they did the power wagon and then not warranty against off road use?  Granted the guy was probably flying throug a field and hit a rut in gear which is not proper off road for that truck but still.  and dc is more easy going with jeep warranties especially on rubicons.