Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 297113 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
*** Introduce yourself here! ***
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:24:32 PM »
Ok, we have surpassed our 100th member.  The forum gets people from all over the world but only a few are actually joining up.

So lets see some introductions from the new guy's on the forum.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Chief

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 04:33:29 PM »
Awright, I'll step up.  I'm a newby just bought a 97 TJ to play around in the Arizona desert.  In my younger days, I had a Renegade with a 304, one of my biggest regrets was getting rid of the "beast" (as it was kindly referred to those left in the dust or at the bottom of the hill).  

The TJ started out as a weekend toy, now I find myself wanting to add some hardware to make it make it more desert friendly.  Already raised it 2" to get more clearance.  But now it seems I have the fever and am looking at some armor for the sides and bottom, adding a winch and changing out the front and rear bumper/tire swinger and maybe changing out the gear ratio to 4:11s for some creep to crawl over some of the dry river beds.  Have some regrets that I didn't buy a 4.0, but the 2.5 seems to be okay for the weekend romps.

Offline jagular7

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:08:28 AM »
Hit 41 this year. Got the wife thing going on 15 years, 2 kids, and just got our first dog, Roscoe, mix Chow, Shepard and Lab.
Been wheeling sign 1989 when I grad from college and had actual money in hands. Started off with a Nissan truck, then moved to XJ. Mod'd and wheeled that for 9 yrs. Then to a Bronco, which is in it's 3rd transformation. Got a 97 SE TJ to wheel rather than the XL7. Put a few scrapes in the XL7 till I got the TJ. Did a make-shift of lift components: Rubi Unlmt springs, ACOS/poly, RE track, Currie steering, my old Ramsey Pro9000 winch. Still need to flat belly, motor mount change, fix a trans leak, SYE, lower gears/locker and at least be ready to go play with little worry. I'm getting 34x9.5 Swampers to fit the stock 15x6 ralley looking rims. Getting those sandblasted/painted to get the rust off.
Now getting myself into a MBA program for the next 22 months.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

jeepys

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 08:36:12 AM »
Hello to all 4banger addicts to all the world. I am Greek and the YJ is my first Jeep. I have it for four years and have made some mods making it more trail worthy. I run it for about 2000 miles a month mostly on the road. I had never had any real problems with it and it has never left me with no car even for a day. Only problem is that here in Greece parts are very expencive and relatevilelly rare. Not to mention the gas price. You are really lucky in US! I will be watching the forum closelly as it is the only about 4bangers I found and  I know you all will give me good answers to any question I may have about my Jeep.

DirtyGirl

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 05:44:58 PM »
I'm Michelle and I live in the Northern Illinois area. My first "real" 4 wheel drive was an '84 Bronco II with a stick.

I own three vehicles - a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac 4x4, a 95 Pontiac Trans Sport mini van, and my '95 YJ. (I have one vehicle from each American auto manufacturer.. kinda funny.)

My YJ I just bought a couple of weeks ago. It's a 95 and is pretty much bone stock. I swapped out the original radiator with a 3 core, took the factory soft top off (it was very worn) and put a bikini top on it. I also have a new Bestop Supertop for it, but I thought I'd wait til the temperature drops before I put it on. I'd like to lift it a couple of inches.

Never had a Jeep before. Always wanted one. Now I have one.

JEEPnMaine

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 05:28:20 AM »
Just bought a 98 TJ with 39,000 miles on it.  I love it!  I've owned two CJ's in the past, have always had a passion for them.  The new TJ is a weekend toy, gonna start dumping some $$ into it soon.  Need to start with tires and rims then light bar, some KC's plus whatever else I find in the 4WD catalog.
Looking forward to doing some "leaf peepin" up here in Maine, many trails up here with great scenery.

arkypyro

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 08:51:53 PM »
I have had my 97TJ for about a year now.  I absolutely love it.  I have 3 kids so money for upgrades is tight.  I am still trying to iron out some performance wrinkles and need all the technical help I can get.  I live in Mena Arkansas, right smack dab in the middle of a million and a half acres of National Forest and also own 22 acres in the boonies with an old shale pit that I can play in.

01amberfirewv

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 12:05:14 PM »
Checking in from Fairmont WV, I have a 01 wrangler SE with a 5-speed tranny.  Came with the 5 speaker stereo, tinted windows and full doors.  I have added 31" TrXus Mt's on 15x7 AR sliders, a Champion winch, 4.0tb, Rocketparts intake, jerked out the carpet and herked the interior, had some rockrails made because I smashed the factroy steps, and performance friction break pads.  There is probubly something I am forgeting but thats ok I'll be adding more anyway.

NCJeeper

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 06:53:30 AM »
Hi gang!  I'm not so new to the board, but I haven't posted in a while so I figured I'd introduce myself here. :)  My name is Marty and I live in Charlotte, NC.  I have 2 Jeeps, a '97 TJ (bought new in '97) which was a DD up until 3 years ago.  My DD is an '88 XJ which I've had for the past 2 years now, and has almost 200K miles, a small oil leak, but it runs pretty strong. :)

My TJ has the following:

2.5L, 4 cyl - rebuilt bored .030 over with a .440 cam
Magnaflow Muffler
4.5" RE Superflex Lift
1" Currie MM lift
1" body lift
Stock D30/35c with 4.10's and Lock Rights in both
Rear Moser Axle shafts
Cage by Goferit Offroad
Rocker protection by Carolina Rockshop
33x12.50 bias ply TSL's

And believe it or not...I couldn't keep my XJ too terribly stock either:

4.0L, I-6
1.5" Budget boost
31" Roadmaster MT's
Trimmed Fenders

And I think there may be more that I add to the XJ as well. :D

01amberfirewv

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2005, 06:22:50 AM »
Wow NC looks like your TJ has some nice motor mods.  How much did the cam help?  Was the install very hard?

Sparky Watts

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 05:21:45 AM »
Greetings from the Heart of Tornado Alley.  My name is Eric and I own a Jeep. [crowd] Hi, Eric! [/crowd]

I'm dang near 41 (October 3rd) and have been wheeling for 20 years now.  My first 4x4 was a brand new 1985 Toyota PU (last year they made them with solid front axles).  I sold it two years ago next month with 275,000 miles on it, still running strong.  100,000 of those miles was in the redjaw clay around Cheney Lake in south central Kansas.  I immediately went into 4-wheeler withdrawal and began a 4 month oddysey looking for a Jeep.  Finally found a '94 YJ 4-banger with only 54,000 miles on it in Feb of '03.  It was owned by a lady lawyer in Wichita (I spoke with her on the phone before buying it) that only drove it in fair weather.  It had never been in the salt and snow, never been off pavement, and only occasionally had been in the rain.  She kept it garaged all the time!  It was in absolutely perfect condition, so I couldn't pass it up.  Mind you, I had probably looked at 40-50 other Jeeps in Wichita prior to finding this one, and most had been beat up pretty bad by kids driving daddy's Jeep on the weekend.  I traded my '99 Camry and got the Jeep and $800 cash back....pretty good deal as far as I was concerned.

So far, over the past two years, here is what I've done to it:

Mud King 31x10.50 on Cragar Soft Eights
Pulled air restrictor tube
Installed Ram Air cowl intake (for the vents, not the engine!)
Flex-a-Lite Electric Fan
El Cheapo 200-watt amp to push the 140 watt Pioneers in SoundWedge boxes (Just to cover road noise when I take the top down, I'm not into the "Thumpa-Wumpa-Boomba-Boomba" stuff)
Unknown brand windshield mount lightbar with 4 unknown brand lights on it (only about $25 used at the local 4x4 shop)
Headlight, tail light and parking light rock guards
40-channel CB with 4' antenna mounted to tailgate stop
15-20 Gallon gas tank mod
New BestTop Supertop about two months after buying the Jeep (old one ripped off in the Kansas wind!)
Currently running about 2 oz of acetone per 20 gallons of fuel and managing between 23 and 25 mpg

I work for a landscaping company in Wichita as an Irrigation Field Service Tech, have been married (2nd time, we don't speak of the first one) to Sunshine for a very wonderfully happy 6 years.  Our son (hers, but I claim him as mine) just got out of the Navy a year ago and moved back to Wichita with his wife, and they're gonna bring me a grandson in January!!  Someone to go wheeling with!!!!!

There's more, but I'm sure you're all bored to death by now.  Anyway, Bounty Hunter from Jeepz.com mentioned this site, so I thought I'd join up and see what it has to offer.

PS:  I'm not usually this long-winded, but I've had waaaaay too much coffee this morning!!

Big Whiskey

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 02:05:37 PM »
Hello my name is Jerod (jared) I have a 90yj 2.5 of course, it's pretty much all stock even though I have put close to $1500 into it since I bought it 2 year's ago. New best top supertop, new clutch, new u-joints all the way around, new valve cover, changed all lubricaint's over to Mobil 1 super synthetic,new plug's, wires and distributor,ect... My first wheelin machine was a 79 blazer nick named " The Mud Puppy ". I am 27, married, one beautiful 7 month old daughter. Now that I have my yj hittin on all four and pretty much a reliable daily driver I plan on doing some mod's. As of right now I am trying to figure out how to get more power out of my 2.5 and get some advise on lowering my gear ratio's in my diff's and transfer case. I am a Southern Indiana country boy I live right outside of Louisville,KY I also have a Bronco II project in the work's, and I have an 04 Grand Am GT sittin on 17" amer. racing chrome rim's ,with low pro directonal michilen tire's, Yes that means I have a car from each of the major American manufacter's also. :twisted:

NCJeeper

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 11:23:41 AM »
Quote from: "01amberfirewv"
Wow NC looks like your TJ has some nice motor mods.  How much did the cam help?  Was the install very hard?

The cam has helped some....but I need to regear to get some MPG back.  I actually had someone that built drag car engines do the rebuild for me and it cost me about $1800 total for the rebuild.

My TJ is really loud when it comes down the road.... :)

Whattree?

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 11:45:22 AM »
Checking in from Birmingham, Alabama here

Got a 88 YJ with a 4 banger and an ax5.
2.5 inch RE suspension lift
2" BL
Bestop extended TJ flares
33" MTs on 15 x 8 eagle wheels
factory axles and 4.10 gearing
Aussie locker going into the D30

Well thats about the extent of the story on the heep.

SDWE61988

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 07:05:37 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just found this site recently and finally took the time to sign up.  I am new to the jeep world.  I picked up my 95 last January. It looks like the kid the previously owned it wanted to make a low rider.  I have since managed to rescued it from that fate.  Most of the work I have done to the vehicle has been to make the vehicle road worthy and reliable. The mods I have perfomed, are mostly cosmetic and creature comforts. I Added a soft top, rear seat and belts, (The kid took out the old one to put in Subwoofers) Nerf bars and 31 in tires. I am currently running stock suspension.    
  I originally picked up the vehicle to use in inclemet weather and also to keep excess miles off my SRT-4 ( Garage Queen). I have since discovered how much fun it is to drive, and now drive it more often then the car for fun.  I would like to  eventually take her out on a couple of trails and see what this vehicle can do.  I will have to start off small and work my up to level of many of the people here.  I look forward to reading and I hope that I can pick up some good info on the way.