Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 297059 times)

pdougc

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 08:55:02 AM »
Can't remember how I found this site, but rock on non the less!
I've cruised through the forums and there is a bunch of good info!
94 Yj 2.5 of course
JCRoffroad bumpers w/d-rings
Homebuilt rockers
30 9.5 MTR's
CB
Body damage by Paragon

Waggie 44 fr, Toy 8.4 rr  axles in the garage
They will be on someday

See ya on the trail,
Doug

tJ54

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 07:22:53 PM »
Hello,
I have '97 TJ. 5spd 4banger (of course) hence tj54. have only been wheelin' a couple of years. Mods, include 2" spacers, rancho shocks, 31 MTR's. custom flat fenders :lol:  due to several jeep & tree encounters. sway bar disconnects, warn winch,4.0L throttle body, helix TB spacer, K&N, flex-a-lite electric fan, powertrax no-slip in the stock 4.10 d35.
It is my daily driver as well as my weekend toy.
pics on the www link below.

Dont Know Squat

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 05:25:12 PM »
I got the link for this site off of jeeps-offroad.com figured i would join up. I am used to fsj's with v-8's and i know nothing about my new tj hence the name Dont know squat..i dont care want anybody says that little 4 popper has got som power if had the jeep a few weeks now it came with 31x9.50 wild country tires a cb and a good cd player with only 58k and getting the price down to 6500 i couldnt pass it up. its a 5 spd i have added a dynomax cat back system and a ahmm i guess you could say a  performance cat and a v2 or cold air intake. seems to be a great little daily driver/mild trail rig so far so good

nsbphotog

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 07:57:40 AM »
Hello, my name is Tom, and I'm a Jeep owner.

I was born a poor white child on a dirt road in rural Florida.  My father owned 2 CJs while I was growing up.  My first vehicle was my great grandfather's old hunting wagon, a 1960 Willys that I eventually sold to a friend of the family.  Thinking about getting it back and restoring it.  Other Jeep experience is driving Jeeps for the government for a little while.

Currently I own a 98 TJ, 2.5L of course, with 59k miles.  It's my daily driver, and I haven't done a lot of mods to it other then ripping out the carpet and putting it on new wheels and 31s.  Probably going to add a BB along with some discos pretty soon, as well as add some armor to the bottom.  Most of the wheeling duty my Jeep does consists of soft sand on the beach, but I do enjoy getting out to Ocala National Forest from time to time.

This is a great site and resource, I'm glad to be here.

SMC4WD

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 05:28:52 PM »
Hi all,

4 cylinders unite!!  You know the funny thing is, when I went to purchase a Jeep, the last thing on my list was the motor.  I always figured I could get away with a smaller engine and build around it.  Then, as soon as I blew that up, I would go on to bigger, badder, better.  Well that ol’ 2.5L is doing great.  With over 120K, it still putters along.  At the bottom of this post, your see the list of all the add-ons, including motor upgrades.  

I’ll explain a little about who I am.  I am Scott and I have been in the 4-wheel drive industry for about 15 years.  I have installed many parts on my Jeep, but mostly I have sold parts and accessories.  I have pressured the mechanics to get the job done in a timely fashion, while still getting it done correctly.  I have also convinced quite a few of them to install these items on my Jeep, (it was fun being a boss).  Currently, I am on the manufacturers’ end of things…  Kinda losing touch with the most coolest of off-road parts and accessories, because being a distributor means I’m only offering this product, to four wheel drive shops.  I’m no longer retailing it.

I’m 42 in Dec. and happily married to a woman whom I asked to marry me about an hour after we met.  We have been together for 10 years, married 8 of those.  At the beginning of 2006, our four boys will be 13, 8, & 4 (x2).  The twin boys were supposed to be that one little girl the wife always wanted.  Well, that didn’t happen.  

I enjoy reading these boards, and I am a member of a few of them.  I mostly lurk, and every now and then, I will post something worthwhile.  I have knowledge in a lot of things, but I haven’t experienced everything.  

I happy answer questions about my Jeep, and like I said, pipe in when I think I have something productive to add.  It’s a pleasure to be here.

TexMontana

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 01:10:01 PM »
Hey everyone... just joined up today ... found you thru JeepForum.com

great site so far... the faq's are really helpfull!

history on me..... i have been a YJ owner for about 2 years now and am not turning back... lol.... started with a 93 2.5 till i wrapped it on a pole that jumped in front of me last january... picked up a 87 with the 2.5 the following week and dumped almost egverything front the 93 in to it ( yeah i kept the totalled vehicle for parts) swapped engines tranny 2x then a rebuild, rear end dash and every little thing that i can find that needs a replacing......

right now i work as a network admin for a drug distributor here in rochester new york ... and spend most of my time fixing my jeep...... oh and i play guitar and sing locally here in rochester

welp lets get a fixin' !!!!!

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2005, 03:28:04 PM »
Quote from: "TexMontana"
Hey everyone... just joined up today ... found you thru JeepForum.com

great site so far... the faq's are really helpfull!

history on me..... i have been a YJ owner for about 2 years now and am not turning back... lol.... started with a 93 2.5 till i wrapped it on a pole that jumped in front of me last january... picked up a 87 with the 2.5 the following week and dumped almost egverything front the 93 in to it ( yeah i kept the totalled vehicle for parts) swapped engines tranny 2x then a rebuild, rear end dash and every little thing that i can find that needs a replacing......

right now i work as a network admin for a drug distributor here in rochester new york ... and spend most of my time fixing my jeep...... oh and i play guitar and sing locally here in rochester

welp lets get a fixin' !!!!!

Jeepforums, huh?  Who referred you?  I just started posting there again.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

larryp

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2005, 11:09:51 PM »
Hi everyone, I just found your site through a link on another forum. I own a '92 YJ that I bought in April of last year when my Guard unit got back from the sandbox. It had only 78,000 when I got it but now reads over 110,000 on the 2.5. As you can see it's definatly my daily driver! So far the suspension is stock. I've added a low back pressure cat. conv. and a 2 1/2" exhaust, Smittybuilt 3" tube bumpers front and rear and side nerf bars, a CB and Bestop sliding windows for my rag top. I'm running LT30x9.5x15 mud and snow tires at the moment. After the first of the year I'm planning on a 3 1/2" lift and a winch. I'm glad I found a site that caters to 4 poppers as every other site does nothing but talk about trashing a perfectly good motor for something else.

Alex-7

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2005, 01:44:51 PM »
Nice little forum you've got here.

I've been in and out of jeeps for what seems like forever. I've had an '81 CJ-7 a 2000 TJ sahara and a '99 Cherokee sport to date in that order.

I always end up swapping my jeeps for cars for better day to day driving. Then I always find myself wanting a jeep again extreemly badly after about a year. Anyway I've gotten to the point were I'm looking for another jeep, this time as a second car :D I'll be buying a '92 plus yj or a '97 or '98 TJ. 2.5 5spd within the next month or so.

I've never owned a 4cyl wrangler before, but have driven many both on and off road, and too me, they have always felt more "jeep like" than the 4.0 counter parts. They seem a bit ligher feeling off road and something about not going anywere fast on the highway just suits the character of the rig.

Anyway, glad to be here.

--Alex

Gearhead2.5

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2005, 09:23:27 PM »
Name's   Jeff

I've got a couple of Jeeps , a 94  YJ w/ 2.5  , and an 88 YJ w/4.2 . Both have had extensive modifications  , I'm here to read , learn and share information and experiences.

Lot's of good information here !    

Here's the 88.................

Here's the 94....................

TexMontana

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2005, 08:49:45 AM »

Jeepforums, huh?  Who referred you?  I just started posting there again.

actually Jeffy i got the link from your sig over there..... thanks!!! lol

Dwartz

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2005, 06:15:18 PM »
I'm Keith Johnson, from Antioch, Illinois. I own a '51 M38 in very poor condistion as a result of a drunk driver in 1979 (I've owned it since '77). I also have a '92 YJ 2.5 that I bought last year, a '94 Grand Cherokee that I saved from a scrap yard (cosmetically great, mechanically bad), and a brand new TJ Unlimited Rubicon that seems to have been kidnapped by my wife. This leaves me with the YJ as my everyday driver.

I've also owned an '85 CJ-7, an '86 CJ-7, an '86 Grand Wagoneer, and a '99 Grand Cherokee totalled by my daughter. Can you tell I love Jeeps?

Since the days of driving my flathead M38 I've always loved 4-banger Jeeps, but I always believed the naysayers that the AMC 4 cylinders weren't up to the task. I'm perfectly happy with my YJ, so I'm glad they were wrong. I even plow with it.

BTW, all my Jeeps are stock and will probably stay that way as much as possible. I'm not against modding, but I like stock vehicles.

DCCYJ91

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2005, 06:38:07 PM »
Howdy and Welcome Keith

4Bangers ROCK!

Sparky Watts

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »
First, let me say "Welcome, Keith".

Then, let me just say that this is absolutely exquisite!!!!:

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening.....

Dwartz

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2005, 09:53:49 PM »
I can't imagine a better welcome! :lol: