Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 297060 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2005, 11:03:53 PM »
Quote from: "Sparky Watts"
First, let me say "Welcome, Keith".

Then, let me just say that this is absolutely exquisite!!!!:

Thank you, and have a wonderful evening.....

Looks like she's gone.  That .gif was 1.5mb.  Fricken huge for an avatar.

Just a FYI:  Keep the picture clean and we can all enjoy them. :wink:

And try to keep them under 60Kb and 100x100.  :x

Oh yeah, welcome everyone!
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

low output 2.5

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 10:06:24 PM »
thought i would check in........... finally some people that can relate to my no power havin' jeep

lanulos89

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2005, 06:05:10 PM »
hey all! Just bought my first jeep, '95 yj 2.5L haven't really done anything to big to it yet, but i pla non doing it either in the spring or summer, when ever I get my money tree planted.  Also it's just a little to cold in New York to do anything right about now.  So for now ill go wheeling in my brothers truck a '95 s-10 custom solid front axle conversion.  Eventually i plan on taking my yj up 4 inches getting her some 31's to walk on and maybe a body lift.  SO far i gave her a cool air intake, throttle body spacer, and gibson exhaust; and can't forget the 20 dollar walmart cb.  Thats all for now.

jwrape

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 06:47:27 AM »
Jason here,
29, have a 01' Tahoe 4x4, 91' Mustang GT convertible and my 4 banger Wrangler. Live in Bethlehem, GA, just northeast of Atlanta. Work in the Wireless industry.

Glad to meet ya.

tailspin

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 04:08:06 PM »
Hi All.  I'm Randy (54) in Wichita, KS.  'Just completed a major addition to my shop so I can work on my 1991 Jeep YJ 2.5L...all stock.   I'm in the process of rebuilding a 1995 2.5L to replace the original engine which is still running but has the preverbial broken and leaky exhaust bolt (front location).  Boy these Jeeps are a blast to drive.

My1stJeep

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2005, 06:19:09 PM »
Well sort of new.... used to be member back when Jeffy was still on the island, then fell off the face of the earth for awhile.  Back now.

Have to say that dancing avatar in here is pretty darn good.....

Chris
97 Tj
2.5L
4.0L Turbo City bored out TB
4.0L TB Spacer
Performance Distributors Coil/8.8mm wires
K&N mounted to teh TB
High flow exhaust

Axles
D30 4.88 gears w/lockright
8.8 4.88 gears w/lockright

Tranny
AX5
4:1

Poison Spyder Roll Cage
Billy Built Rock Sliders
Rock Krawler HD Steering
5" lift
33x12.5x15 MTR's on 15x10 Rims
Winch (not yet installed, just got for Christmas)

Chowmaster

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »
hello, just wanted to check in.  This seems like a swell site, with lots of usefull info.  im sort of new to jeeps, bought a 95 yj last year.  put a lift, 33's, bumper and winch on it.  to get some power i put a muffler and electric fan on it.  seemed to help some.  i got plenty of stuff planned for it.

cromwell

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006, 11:41:42 AM »
I was a member of the old board and join this a while ago just have not posted due to work commitments.  I have a 97 Green TJ named Betsy AKA "The Mistress".

My Sig says it all.

Tony

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
Hey all.....just bought a 2000 4banger last week...my first Jeep.

I'm 37, married with three kids living in Michigan.

Ordered a new stereo and center console (didn't have the console so I'm getting the Tuffy one so I can add a subwoofer).

Outside of the stereo and console I only plan on adding a black fuel cap cover and 31's on black steelies....want to black the whole thing out.

I am brand new to Jeep and don't know too much about cars so I need alot of guidance.

Have already been getting crap from co-workers on getting the 2.5, but there simply weren't any 4.0's out there in decent shape or wih less than 100,000 miles on them.  This is a daily commuter (only 12 miles a day) but I want it to look kick ass.

I think the wheels will help alot and tiniting the hard top windows will help.

Anysuggestions on some great mods that will help??  Will the speedo/mileage change from going to 31's really bother me that much around town??  HEEEEELLP!!!
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2006, 01:33:01 PM »
Welcome.  You're in luck,  I just finished an article on speedometers.

http://www.4bangerjp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=731
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Reyn

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »
Hey, my name is Warren, I live in MA. and this is my jeep Betty.  :D

Color: Sandstone (i got crap for calling it tan!!)
Engine: 4 Angry Squirrels http://www.maycontainnutz.com/squirrelpower.php
Transmission: AX-5   NV3550
Transfer Case: NP231
Front Axle: Stock 4:10s
Rear Axle: Stock 4:10s
Lockers: none
Front Suspension: 3.5 in Superlift / JKS Quicker Disconnects / 1.25 M.O.R.E. Boomrang Shackles
Rear Suspension: 3.5 in Superlift / 1.25 M.O.R.E. Boomrang
Shackles Tires and Wheels: M/T Classic II / 32 X 12.5 BFG's T/A Ko's
Front End: SRC Front Grille Guard / w/Mile Marker PE 8000 Electric Winch / DSR Custom Winch Plate / 4 Pro Comp 150 Watt Off-Road Lights
Rear End: DSR Enhanced Bumper Tire Carrier
Sides: Way Off Road Custom Rock Sliders
Interior: Tuffy Security Console and Fender Boxes / CB / Scanner / Custom 6 Point Roll Cage
Exterior: California Tops Soft Top / Bushwackers Extended Flares
Miscellaneous: 5-point Saftey Belts / Raingler Nets / Hi-Lift

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:44:56 AM by Reyn »

Offline dragon51

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2006, 12:14:32 AM »
Well I'm DJ just got a 95 YJ "LIL Girl" an I bought her pretty well set up 33" tires it has a SOA, bigger exhaust, 8000lb WARN Winch not real sure what else has been done very clean though. Now if we would just get some rain here in Tucson AZ  :twisted:  Was not able to meet the owner I got it form a dealership.

tj.gator

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
I'll check in from Jacksonville, FL

My name is Adrian Jarrett.  I'm a 30 yr old mechanical engineer.  I have always had IH Scouts but my last one cured my with its rust and driving habits.  My first Jeep was an '89 YJ which grew and grew and grew until it had Dana 60's, a Chevy 400, 465 / 205, 40's, and a 13" lift.  Great for the mud, awful for my new babies.  I now have a '96 TJ with a 6" suspension lift, 37" tires, 4.88 gears in the stock axles, and a low-output 2.5L.  I love this site because my first thought when I got my Jeep home was to add a turbo and I've found a lot of good info about that.  I love to play in the sand and mud (pretty much all that's available here) but I drive 60 miles a day to and from work so I don't want to try another V8 and spend every weekend replacing ring gears and u-joints.  I've put a 540 into an RX-7, a huge turbo on my old Honda, and love to bend and weld anything I can get my hands on so hopefully I will have some knowledge that can help someone on this page.  I look forward to hearing from everyone.  Thanks for starting the group!
ADJ

Kmfdm24

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2006, 11:26:51 AM »
Hello! My name is Eric. I've been 4-wheeling for about 2 years now. I post regularly on the 4wdh forums and look forward to contributing & learning over here as well. I've done a lot of reading over here as a guest and I gotta say, this is a great site. Keep up the great work! 8)

93yj4life

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2006, 01:09:17 AM »
Hey everyone,  I just signed up and I'm lookin forward to getting some great info.  I have a 93' YJ, 4 1/2" Superlift kit, Rancho RS5000 shocks,  Sway bar disconnects, 2" body lift, 1 1/4" shakle kit, 33" Procomp Xterrains, Energy Suspension/Hyperflex bushing kit, Outland Trail Rack w/jerry cans, and a set of KC Slimlites (just added)  Check it out at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/918795