Author Topic: Installing Hella 500's  (Read 2969 times)

Offline chardrc

Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »
ic.. thats a little more reasonab
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Tall Boy

Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 05:21:26 PM »
I guess the glare from the sun hit the reflectors and shine in people's faces. i have been pissed for years, these libs here are taking alot of freedoms away,and have been for decades now. I can't fight them without representation, or all I can do is lobby.
I use my lights for off road stictly,when they are hooked up. I have one shining well ahead and into the air for hill climbing, so I can see what's up ahead on the hill about 300 yards in front of me I guess, then I have one directly in front. If I had four lights I would have the others pointed off to the sides , maybe another one pointing out back.

Airedale

Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »
I need some help with my Hella lights too.

I hooked them up per Hella's wiring diagram and have zippo. I want to run them off a switch not the high beams.

Following the included diagram, there is nothing running to a ground on the jeep. The closest thing are the ground wires coming off the lights but there is no metal to metal contact with the jeep.

I have power going into the Bosch relay and nothing coming out.

My hella diagram differs from the one in the post. Mine shows the ground wires off the lights running to #87 on the relay and the power wires going to #86.

Any help is appreciated,
Dave

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2006, 06:36:05 PM »
Quote from: "Airedale"
I need some help with my Hella lights too.

I hooked them up per Hella's wiring diagram and have zippo. I want to run them off a switch not the high beams.

Following the included diagram, there is nothing running to a ground on the jeep. The closest thing are the ground wires coming off the lights but there is no metal to metal contact with the jeep.

I have power going into the Bosch relay and nothing coming out.

My hella diagram differs from the one in the post. Mine shows the ground wires off the lights running to #87 on the relay and the power wires going to #86.

Any help is appreciated,

Dave

The relay should have a ground.  Then the lights also should have a ground.  The switch will be connected to +12v.  Like I said before, if you dont' want them controlled by your highbeams just connect it to a +12v source.  You could use a fuse tap off since it's low power.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Jesse-James

Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
Some do, mine ground via the mounting bolt instead of a ground wire.

Airedale

Installing Hella 500's
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
Got them working and aimed.
Thanks,
Dave