Author Topic: I don't know where to post (was: Import little cars)  (Read 1588 times)

ratherbejeeping

I don't know where to post (was: Import little cars)
« on: August 12, 2005, 03:39:08 PM »
Yep, we live for that shit  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

So do I stroke my 4.3L 200 HP and 250 lb ft motor out to a 4.5L?  320 HP and 350 lb ft at an estimated cost of $5K.....

Or just grab a 5-6 PSI super charger with an intercooler and slap it together for a 275 HP and 300 lb ft motor in an afternoon for around $4K?

ratherbejeeping

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 03:40:09 PM »
Or do I do both and stive toward that 400 HP and 450 lb ft instead?  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

trailblazer95

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 03:44:59 PM »
i say stick with the stock 4.3, personally.  more power = more breaking $hit.  but, to each his own.   :D

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 03:57:58 PM »
There's a reason for it being in the OT area.  Hell, there hasn't been any truck or more specifically Jeep news in months.

I still say turbo and get 285hp from it.  Not to mention it would all be OEM. A Centrifugal would be cheap and pretty easy to do also.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

sbspence

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 09:38:57 PM »
Quote from: "Jeffy"
There's a reason for it being in the OT area.  Hell, there hasn't been any truck or more specifically Jeep news in months.

I still say turbo and get 285hp from it.  Not to mention it would all be OEM. A Centrifugal would be cheap and pretty easy to do also.

I hate to say this ,but, I agree with Jeffy

Strokers can be a real bear to get right unless you have a group that knows them inside out... like say the Strokers group on the 4.0. jmho.

Besides I like huffers ! :)