Author Topic: eBay find of the day  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
eBay find of the day
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:19:20 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280114498172

Vehicle Description

THIS IS A RELIST SINCE THE BUYER COULD NOT COMPLETE THE AUCTION.

**************NO RESERVE****************

*********BUILT IN POKER TABLE*********

UP FOR AUCTION IS A TRUELY ONE OF A KIND POSTAL JEEP.

FIRST LET ME SAY THAT THIS JEEP CAN STILL BE USED TO RUN A MAIL ROUTE IF YOU WANT.

SECOND IF YOU DECIDE TO BID PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AUCTION AND BE PREPARED TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT.

NOW ON TO THE JEEP:

THIS IS A 1983 AM GENERAL RIGHT HAND DRIVE POSTAL JEEP.  ONE OF THE NEWER ONES.  IT WAS USED ON A LOCAL MAIL ROUTE HERE IN NEW JERSEY AND THE MILEAGE IS CORRECT 49,000.

THE PREVIOUS OWNER WOULD RUN HIS ROUTE AND PUT IT IN THE GARAGE.  SINCE IT WAS SUCH A SMALL ROUTE IT GOT VERY LITTLE USE.

WELL ONE OF THE GUYS IN THE SHOP PICKED IT UP.  HE IS A BIG POKER FAN.  SO WE DID SOME CUSTOMIZING FOR HIM.

WE ALL BEEN HAVING A BLAST WITH THIS JEEP.    BUT HE HAS HIS EYE ON SOMETHING ELSE SO ITS UP FOR SALE.

THE JEEP IT SELF HAS A LITTLE RUST.  THE FLOORS HAD BEEN REPAIRED SOME TIME BACK.  THERE IS SOME RUST IN THE REAR CARGO AREA AROUND THE EDGES ON THE INSIDE.  WE DID NOT REPAIR IT BUT WE TREATED IT WITH A RUST INHIBITOR SO IT WOULD NOT SPREAD.  THERE ARE A FEW SMALL RUST AREAS UNDER THE TRUCK BUT NOT ON THE FRAME.  WE TREATED ALL THE AREAS WE COULD.

THE TRUCK WAS WHITE AND WE SPRAYED IT WITH 4 COATS OF HOT INDIAN RED AND A SHOT OF CLEAR COAT. WE DID NOT FIX EVERY MARK ON THE JEEP SINCE HE WAS ON A LIMITED BUDGET. THE OUTSIDE IS NOT PERFECT BUT IT LOOKS GREAT.

BE PREPARED TO BE STOPPED BY FRIENDS AND WANA BE FRIENDS.  I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IT AROUND FOR ABOUT A WEEK AND SOMEONE HAS STOPPED ME AND ASKED ABOUT IT EVERY TIME I TOOK IT OUT.

THE TRUCK NEEDS VERY LITTLE.  THE LIGHTS WORK, THE HEATER BLOWS EXTRA HOT.  IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS A NEWER HEATER CORE IN IT.  YOU WILL NOT BE COLD DURING THE WINTER.

THE WIPERS WORK, THE WIPER BLADES ARE SHOT.  THE HORN WORKS WHEN IT WANTS TO.  THE WINDOWS PULL DOWN BUT THEY ARE IN NEED OF SOME OIL.

THE TRUCK HAS NON POWER BRAKES THAT WORK WELL AND MANUAL STEERING.  ALL 4 TIRES ARE VERY GOOD.   THE EXHAUST SYSTEM IS ON THE OLD SIDE.  WE FIXED IT BUT IT IS RUSTY. IT WILL NEED TO BE REPAIRED AGAIN.  I DO HAVE A REPLACEMENT EXHAUST PIPE THAT IS BRAND NEW FOR THIS JEEP AND I WILL GIVE IT TO WINNING BIDDER.  ITS NOT HARD TO PUT ON. THE JEEP IS NOT OVERLY LOUD. THE OIL PAN GASKET HAS A LITTLE DRIP, NOTHING SERIOUS.

THE ENGINE IS A 4 CLY AND STARTS RIGHT UP, VERY GOOD ON GAS.  I WOULD CHANGE THE OIL SINCE I KNOW THAT I CHANGED IT LAST 4 MONTHS AGO.

WE TOOK OUT THE SEAT AND PUT A PAIR OF SEATS IN FROM AN SUV, GREAT CONDITION.

NEXT WE PUT A 120 WATT CD PLAYER IN IT JVC.  COMES WITH A REMOTE. IT CRANKS.  EXCELLENT SOUND FROM 2- 3WAY REAR SPEAKERS.  THE SPEAKERS CAN HANDLE 250 WATTS.  WE WERE GOING TO PUT AN AMP IN BUT THE BUDGET WOULD NOT ALLOW US.

THAN WE PUT A 10" DVD PLAYER IN.  MOUNTED ON THE FRONT DASH. YOU CAN WATCH IS AS YOU PLAY CARDS.  IT IS EASLY REMOVEABLE SO YOU CAN TAKE IT WITH YOU IF YOU WANT.  COMES WITH A REMOTE AND 2 SETS OF HEAD PHONES.  THE PLAYER HAS BUILT IN SPEAKERS ALSO- I LIKE THIS BEST OF ALL.

AS YOU SEE FROM THE PICTURES THE JEEP HAS A BUILT IN POKER TABLE.  IT TAKE LESS THAN TWO MINUTES TO SET UP.  IT CAN BE SET UP IN ONE OF 2 WAY. THE TABLE CAN BE SET UP TO COME DIRECTLY OUY YHE BACK OR ON AN ANGLE.  THE DIFFERENCE IS THAT YOU CAN HAVE MORE PLAYERS.  THE TABLE AND CUSTOM LEGGS BREAK DOWN AND EASLY FIT IN THE BACK.  THE PICTURES SAYS IT ALL.  COMES WITH THE CHIPS,CARDS AND CASE.

THE TRUCK ALSO HAS ELECTRIC FLOOR MATS.  THE FLAMES ON THE MATS LIGHT UP NEON RED.

THIS IS GREAT FOR TAILGATING OR JUST MEETING YOUR BUDDYS FOR SOME POKER AWAY FROM THE GIRLS.

IF YOU WANT I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL MAIL TRAY.  ITS THE WINNING BIDDERS IF HE WANTS IT.

AS FOR SHIPPING:

I WORK WITH SEVERAL GOOD SHIPPERS.  IF YOU WOULD LIKE A SHIPPING QUOTE I CAN GET YOU ONE.  ANY SHIPPING THAT I DO MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SHIPPING.

SORRY NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS

CHECK MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR OTHER GOOD STUFF.  I HAVE A NICE SET OF JEEP TIRES AND RIMS ON AUCTION THAT WE WERE GOING TO PUT ON THIS TRUCK BUT THE TIRE STUDS WERE TO SHORT.  YOU WOULD NEED PUT LONGER STUDS IN TO USE THEM ON THIS TRUCK.  WE JUST DID NOT HAVE THE TIME.

AS WITH ALL VEHICLE I SELL I SUGGEST THAT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC INSPECT IT BEFORE IT IS PUT ON THE ROAD.

SOLD IN AS IS CONDITION.

DON'T WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE TO BID.

YOU ARE JUST A FEW CLICKS AWAY FROM TAKING HER HOME, THATS THE JEEP- THE GAL STAYS.

**************NO RESERVE*****************

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BID.

YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO BID ON THIS ITEM.

DO NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO FINILIZE THIS TRANSACTION.

BIDDERS WITH LESS THAN 5 FEEDBACKS MUST EMAIL ME PRIOR TO BIDDING

IF YOU DO NOT I WILL REMOVE YOUR BID.

YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE A PAYPAL NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF $500 WITH IN 48 HOURS.

IF YOU DO NOT SEND YOUR DEPOSIT IN 48 HOURS THE CAR WILL BE RELISTED AND I WILL SEND NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

FINAL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE WITH A BANK CHECK .

. ALL SALES ARE FINAL SO ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BID.

YOU CAN COME AND LOOK AT THE CAR BEFORE YOU BID IF YOU WANT. CONTACT ME 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU WISH TO ARRIVE.

THE AUTO MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO IT LEAVING.

ANY TRANSPORTATION THAT I ARRANGE MUST BE PAID IN FULL PRIOR TO THE CAR LEAVING

FULL PAYMENT MUST BE MADE IN FULL 10 DAYS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE AUCTION. IF PAYMENT IS NOT MADE IN 10 DAYS YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DEPOSIT AND THE CAR WILL BE REILSTED.

CAR MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS AFTER CLOSE OF AUCTION.

ASK BEFORE YOU BID PLEASE.

:drink:
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur ExtraordinaireŽ
Re: eBay find of the day
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:41:15 PM »
Is it just me or does that chick have an "odd-bod??" :pot:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:11:41 PM »
Is it just me or does that chick have an "odd-bod??" :pot:

She's go no junk, got no junk in her trunk...  :doggy:

Looks like something 'Pimp my Ride' would build.  :lol:
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

chrisfranklin

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 05:52:08 PM »
I like the images of anarchy called to mind when one combines open-air poker and a "postal" Jeep.

"(chip stack just blew over)...no, f#$ker those are my chips!!  "(inebriated driver goes to glove box of "postal" jeep) Yeah, we'll see whose chips those are..."    :lol:

Jesse-James

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 07:16:27 PM »
It would look better lifted.....

damon54

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »
Is the thong shot really supposed to help sell that thing?  Did the guy forget he was on ebay?  It's an electronic garage sale.

chrisfranklin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »
Hot chicks move merchandise.  Maybe the issue is, "is that girl that hot?" Or, "Is she trying a little too hard?" 

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:23:29 AM »
You can see most everything Butter Face :asshat:

damon54

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 10:29:13 AM »
You can see most everything Butter Face :asshat:

Must be a reason for that....

damon54

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
Hot chicks move merchandise.  Maybe the issue is, "is that girl that hot?" Or, "Is she trying a little too hard?" 

Hot chicks do sell things, but not an ugly postal jeep on ebay (aka the online garage sale).  Whoever buys that must be desperate to see a hot chick.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 01:07:03 PM »

Hot chicks do sell things, but not an ugly postal jeep on ebay (aka the online garage sale).  Whoever buys that must be desperate to see a hot chick.

It would impress anyone.....in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  :uhoh:

damon54

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:40:41 PM »

It would impress anyone.....in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  :uhoh:

I was thinking the flea market...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:44:55 PM by Jeffy »

Liljeepz

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 04:00:19 PM »
That chick has some HUGE feet too! looks like men size 11-12! :eek:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 04:10:02 PM »
That chick has some HUGE feet too! looks like men size 11-12! :eek:

Those are some ugly shoes.... :wall:

jeepheap

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »
not to be that guy but,.... i tyhink that might be a dude. :smooch:

any ways off topic... jesse where did you get that pic? its not but that looks a hell of alot like my dj.