Author Topic: will this carrier work for me? fast help please!  (Read 815 times)

huntingbuck101

will this carrier work for me? fast help please!
« on: May 26, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
I broke the pin bolt on my carrier trying to install 4.88 and I think I will just torch out the pin and get a used carrier. I found one from a 90's cherokee the guy thinks it a 27 spline that had  3.55 gears. My jeep is 98, is it a 30 or 27 spline? ( I put the cover back on so I could drive it and forgot to look) also dose any one a any reason that this might not work?

huntingbuck101

Re: will this carrier work for me? fast help please!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
I forgot to mention both are d35 and I would just swap the spider gears but I think I might mess them up when I torch the pin out.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 04:33:36 PM »
I broke the pin bolt on my carrier trying to install 4.88 and I think I will just torch out the pin and get a used carrier. I found one from a 90's cherokee the guy thinks it a 27 spline that had  3.55 gears. My jeep is 98, is it a 30 or 27 spline? ( I put the cover back on so I could drive it and forgot to look) also dose any one a any reason that this might not work?

The carriers will be slightly different BUT you can use it as long as you can get the side gears from the donor.  You have an ABS carrier (even if youd on't have ABS) and the earlier model is a non-ABS unit.  The seat where the side gears sit is a wider dia. then the non-ABS unit.  If you try to use a Non-ABS carrier and ABS side gears, they will not fit.  I think the difference is around 1/4".
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

huntingbuck101

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 08:23:45 PM »
Thanks Jeffy, I can alway count on you to come threw!