Author Topic: How do I tell if I have a lift kit?  (Read 1146 times)

Garydc

How do I tell if I have a lift kit?
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:44:01 PM »
Bought a 2000 2.5 Wrangler that sits way higher than my friends 1998 4.0, like 3 inches?  We both have 31's. I bought mine third hand with no history, so I am clueless.

Hate to buy a life kit and gain nothing.

thanks

Gary

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
Re: How do I tell if I have a lift kit?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »
Yours does look lifted,  I'd say 2" or so.  Check the springs.  There will probably be a spacer between the spring and the seat.  Unless the springs where changes.  If there is no spacer then it has new springs.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »
Looks like a budget boost (coil spacers) or a 2.5" spring kit.  Take a pic of the springs.

Garydc

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:37:25 PM »
Looks like a budget boost (coil spacers) or a 2.5" spring kit.  Take a pic of the springs.

thanks guys will do tomorrow, So the jeep to the left looks stock height? Do all years have the same height being a se or whatever?

thanks for the quick reply

Jesse-James

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 07:55:29 PM »
Rubicon sits slightly taller, rest are the same.

Offline jagular7

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 07:01:23 AM »
Since you have a digital camera, take a few pics of the suspension for clarification for us.

When looking at the springs, measure the height with the load on it, count the number of coils, and compare this to your buddy's. Measure the height of the coil as well as the spacers on top of it, basically from axle mount to frame mount. In stock form, there is a rubber 'isolator' about 3/4" thick on top. Easy lift for a TJ is to add another thicker spacer.
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Liljeepz

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:49 PM »
Yup, that looks like the same height mine was before my body lift, I know for sure it has at leas a 2" lift, like they said above... could be springs, could be spacer.

Offline dexetr30

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
  • Aloha Mr. Hand!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 08:30:44 PM »
1.5-2"'s. If it's spacers I plan on doing the same sooner or later... probably later than sooner though. Remodeling the kitchen takes away from the Jeep budget.  :'(
02 2.5.L automatic: 4.0L t.b., 4.0l air intake, K&N filter, Scream'n Demon coil, 8.5mm MSD Super Conductor plug wires, Stage 1 Jet Chip, 29" BFG all terrain KO's. Taurus E-fan, Hummer front bumper, Skyjacker high capacity trans pan, 48" hi-lift, Rubi susp w. 3/4" BB.