Author Topic: Which TJ flares allow the most clearance?  (Read 938 times)

Offline justin399

Which TJ flares allow the most clearance?
« on: July 30, 2009, 04:24:42 PM »
I've been looking to get the most clearance with the least amount of lift. Do the Rubicon or Sahara flares offer any more clearance than a regular or sport TJ or do they just stick out farther? I also have the diamond plate rocker covers to hide some damage and the are cut out to go over the stock flare extension so would the TJ flares hide that? Thanks for the help.
93 YJ:2.5l aussie's front & rear, 4.0TB & spacer, hand throttle, 19lb injectors, no trackbars, ramsey 8.5e.

Jesse-James

Re: Which TJ flares allow the most clearance?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »
Any TJ flares will do the same, it all depends on how much metal you want to part with.

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »
With wider flares you can get the tires to tuck under the flares, so the clearance becomes a none isue. You would rub on the sheetmetal of the front fenders, basically the brace for the top of the fender. In the rear 35's will rub the back of the inner fender, depending on the width of the flares and the back spacing of the rims and the width of the tires, they will tuck under. Mine has 6" wide cheapo flares and 10" wide rims with 3.5" backspacing. It cleared the 35's with 3.5" of lift

« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:09:33 PM by aw12345 »
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
I've been looking to get the most clearance with the least amount of lift. Do the Rubicon or Sahara flares offer any more clearance than a regular or sport TJ or do they just stick out farther? I also have the diamond plate rocker covers to hide some damage and the are cut out to go over the stock flare extension so would the TJ flares hide that? Thanks for the help.
Clearance is the same with all the flares.  The Sahara and Rubicon's will all for more coverage as they are wider then the stock TJ flares.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Moondo

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
Bushwacker has a new "Flat Style" that will gain an 1 1/2" of clearance because they eliminate the overhang that you see on others.

link:

http://www.bushwacker.com/fender.asp?dhtmlgoodies_TruckSUV=5&dhtmlgoodies_model=93&search=Search
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:49:03 AM by Moondo »

Jesse-James

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 11:50:08 AM »
...or get a set of cheap ones and cut the lip out of them and the fender.

Offline aw12345

• my jeep picture page
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:53:47 PM »
Actually the Xenon flat flares are not bad and hold up a lot better than the Bushwacker ones and they do not have a lot of any kind. Still the cheapest solution is to trim the lip of the flares if they rub
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE
2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE

Offline justin399

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
Hey thanks for the help guys, I'm going to watch ebay & see if I can find some rubicon flares.
93 YJ:2.5l aussie's front & rear, 4.0TB & spacer, hand throttle, 19lb injectors, no trackbars, ramsey 8.5e.