Author Topic: Goodyear Duratrac AT's  (Read 1775 times)

Offline TahoeYJ

• How can I reech theese kids?
Goodyear Duratrac AT's
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:41:41 AM »
Anyone seen these yet? A friend of mine got a set last week and they look killer!  :smokes:  :thumbsup: In pictures I didn't really like them, but in person (He's got 33's) they look pretty damn aggressive for an AT tire. VERY smooth and quiet too. I've been considering the KM2's for new tires for a long time now, but now I'm really liking these... But they don't make them in a 35" for a 15" rim yet... At least I didn't see a size listed. They make metric 315+ sizes, but I'm not scrapping my wheels just to run a different tire. If they come out with a 35" by the time I get new meats, I'm sold on them.
92 YJ. Lifted, 4:88's, 9" rear, 4 wheel disks, some armor, some audio, 35" KM2's, and more

Offline jfrabat

• Gargantuan Mango Tree Mechanic®
  • Finally USING the Jeep!
Re: Goodyear Duratrac AT's
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
Anyone seen these yet? A friend of mine got a set last week and they look killer!  :smokes:  :thumbsup: In pictures I didn't really like them, but in person (He's got 33's) they look pretty damn aggressive for an AT tire. VERY smooth and quiet too. I've been considering the KM2's for new tires for a long time now, but now I'm really liking these... But they don't make them in a 35" for a 15" rim yet... At least I didn't see a size listed. They make metric 315+ sizes, but I'm not scrapping my wheels just to run a different tire. If they come out with a 35" by the time I get new meats, I'm sold on them.

They look nice, and more aggressive than your run-of-the-mill AT, but I still prefer my KM2's.  And they are not noisy at all on the road.
'94 YJ 2.5L with 4" RE lift, Superwinch EPi9.0, FoMoCo e-Fan, SD30 and SD35 w/ARB-5.13, 165A alt., 33" BFG KM2 on 15" AR wheels, Sony sound system, Pavement Ends Hardtop, Hydroboost

gomi

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:02:52 AM »
I was also able to see them in person and they are probably the most aggressive at tire I've ever seen. They look really good, and run fairly cheap.

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 09:59:45 AM »
KM2s in 35X12.5R15 are available through Tire Rack.  Just now saw them there.  Here locally everybody is getting them, the old KMs are on the way out.

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch

93yjFirstJeep

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 09:58:48 PM »
has the look of a mud tire which is really important to me, i think all terrains are usually pretty ugly compared to muds

Jesse-James

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 03:23:21 AM »
The Goodyear Duratrac Tires offers great traction in deep mud...

Gotta call BS on that one. No way this thing is any good at slingin' mud with voids that small.

Offline TahoeYJ

• How can I reech theese kids?
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 12:14:13 AM »
Gotta call BS on that one. No way this thing is any good at slingin' mud with voids that small.

I don't know how well they do in mud, but in person the voids look much larger. I'll have to try and get a picture of them on my buddy's TJ. They look much more aggressive in person IMO
92 YJ. Lifted, 4:88's, 9" rear, 4 wheel disks, some armor, some audio, 35" KM2's, and more

Jesse-James

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 12:40:16 AM »
Not saying it's a bad tire, though I'll never run another GoodYear myself after the MT/r experience. You simply need a large void between lugs to dig and clean in tacky mud. Looks like it will do better than most AT's but that's not always saying much.

YJake

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 01:27:25 AM »
Not saying it's a bad tire, though I'll never run another GoodYear myself after the MT/r experience. You simply need a large void between lugs to dig and clean in tacky mud. Looks like it will do better than most AT's but that's not always saying much.

Yeah, I have BFG A/Ts. Ask me how I know  :'(

gomi

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 09:03:25 PM »
The voids are very very large, of course not as much as an mt, but seeing them in person, they are surprising;y aggressive looking.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
They look 100x better then the MT/R with Kevlar.  I'd consider them.  The MT/R's aren't MT's either.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."