Author Topic: Stupid Jeep  (Read 5268 times)

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
Re: Stupid Jeep
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »
It actually will take the digital signal and convert it to other PPS so it can calibrate your speedometer without changing the gear.
cool, good to know
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »
It actually will take the digital signal and convert it to other PPS so it can calibrate your speedometer without changing the gear.

Forgot about that part. When I was on 35's and 4.88's my speedo was off a few miles per hour. I didn't worry about it. Then I went to 37's and 5.38's and it reads just about perfect within a mile per hour. I didn't touch the box so I'm glad it worked out.
 I guess Moz doesn't like his speedo reading 100  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:39:57 PM by FourbangerYJ »
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 06:36:27 AM »
Yep...I have a super short SYE...no speedo gear...have been running 10% fast for a year and I'm sure that doesn't help any.

Figured, while I'm ripping into everything, might as well fix that.

Picking up a ton of shrink connectors as well as the tape to get everything as high and tight as possible....stupid lights look like they won't be here until Monday though.... :fitz:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 02:25:28 PM »
I run the Dakota Digital interface due to the supershort SYE, and I like to run different size tires to the trail and back.

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:54 PM »
I run the Dakota Digital interface due to the supershort SYE, and I like to run different size tires to the trail and back.

Any install tips??

I guess I should mount it right behind the dash or near the cluster....any help would be appreciated as I don't want to spend 1/2 a day figuring out which wires I need to splice in and from where.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 03:20:04 PM »
Any install tips??

I guess I should mount it right behind the dash or near the cluster....any help would be appreciated as I don't want to spend 1/2 a day figuring out which wires I need to splice in and from where.
I'd mount it near the dash.  You don't want to expose the box to the elements.  Not to mention, you won't have to climb under the Jeep to reset it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:20:47 PM by Jeffy »
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 05:34:52 PM »
I mounted it under the dash, below the steering wheel.  I can reach up and adjust the speedo up or down on the fly.  It is spliced into the speedo wires at the speed sensor mounted to the transfer case.

I had to play around with the 4 switches to dial in the correct setting, I will take a look tomorrow and see where my 4 switches are at.

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »
I mounted it under the dash, below the steering wheel.  I can reach up and adjust the speedo up or down on the fly.  It is spliced into the speedo wires at the speed sensor mounted to the transfer case.

I had to play around with the 4 switches to dial in the correct setting, I will take a look tomorrow and see where my 4 switches are at.

I was more interested in how you wired it and where....so you just ran the wires down under the Jeep to the t-case??