Author Topic: What are you playing? (games)  (Read 34703 times)

Offline stan98tj

• Empty Wallet Wheeling Since 2007®
  • Wheeling New England
Re: What are you playing? (games)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 12:54:03 PM »
soon as i get my desktop running again im getting COD Modern warefare 2..looks awesome and i can only play 1st person shooters on pc...i suck at aiming on console. the fight night series had me hooked for a while...i have the latest one for ps3
98 TJ 35"Maxxis Trep.Old Man Emu 2.5""+1"BL,IronMan Fab control arms,4.56gears,Ford 8.8+ARB,Currie/IronMan steering, WARN VR10,HP D30 sleeved+ RCV,Body Armor Rock Rails WISHLIST:TDi.Girlfriend hates it :) If you can read this don't flip me over i dont have any $$ left to fix it

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 02:00:27 PM »
jeffy, whats your account?
I think it's JY556.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
Picked up COD: Modern Warfare 2 today....squeezed in a mission over lunch...just love the modern day realistic crap. :guns:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

C.Redbeardd

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 04:14:07 PM »
I think it's JY556.

Nice, i set up mine a while ago and forgot the name, I'll look it up and let you guys know a little bit later.

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.com® Donator
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »
I think the Call of Duty MMO Activision has in the works is going to end any semblance of off-line social lives for a lot of people  :lol:   
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

OH-YJ

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 04:00:31 PM »
Finally got around to playing a new game, Borderlands.  I have it running on the PC.  It's basically a RPG with a FPS aspect to it.  Kind of like Far Cry 2 I guess.  I like the music as well.  The graphics may not be as visual stunning like Crysis or similar games but it's still pretty good and gives me high frame rates.

I also have Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising.  I really like what they have done to make the game feel polished.  ARMA was never really close to being polished and ARMA II is still much of the same.  The only catch is if the community will start modding for it...

Nothing really for the PS3 other then MGS4 which I played 5 times in a row.  Great game by the way.  :lol:

Still haven't got around to finishing Mirror's Edge and I'm at the last chapter...

I played Borderlands for 360 and thought it was alright. The amount of weapons is crazy. I played it alone though, which made it somewhat boring. Its definately a game to play with others. I still have to play the new COD Modern Warfare 2. Those games never dissapoint. Its too bad I let my XBOX live expire and I really don't have the money to renew it.  :'(

yikes

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 07:28:12 PM »
I finished playing through Borderlands in SP.  It was fun but I can't see playing is through a second time unless it's Co-Op.  Otherwise, it's more of the same but harder.

I've started playing COD MW2 though.  It's very linear but still fun. I can see a few of the maps are set up for multi-player with many hiding spots.  Even in SP it's fun but you don't really get to see the expanse of the map.  Graphics are nice and seem to optimize well as I'm getting no less then 60FPS and peaking around 100FPS with my GTX 280 SSC.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »
anyone using softth? - i play rFactor with it and it's a blast (about 70fps min). Crysis takes a big hit on fps with it, still fun just cause you get the peripheral vision, but i need to lower the quality to get decent rates - I have the resolution set at 4480x1050 on a GTX280 o/ced to 740MHz and a GT 7300 for the 3rd monitor.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2009, 04:20:39 AM »
anyone using softth? - i play rFactor with it and it's a blast (about 70fps min). Crysis takes a big hit on fps with it, still fun just cause you get the peripheral vision, but i need to lower the quality to get decent rates - I have the resolution set at 4480x1050 on a GTX280 o/ced to 740MHz and a GT 7300 for the 3rd monitor.
oops, is 729Mhz actually, i forgot i had it at 740 and was unstable so i lowered it and at this one works fine.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 04:40:17 PM »
What a crock!  I finished COD MW2 on hard in 3 days.  Interesting story line as almost every character you play dies.  Not to mentioned some of the scenarios.  It's very fast pace but still fun.

dos0711

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 03:25:01 AM »
Just picked up a PS3...playing Gran Turismo, BAJA and Dirt 2

Offline oldjeep

• www.Oldjeep.com
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2009, 07:18:21 AM »
Playing a lot of Pool, got a table last week - I hate video games.
Chuck P
The clowns'? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too — entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in!
94 YJ - gone
98 ZJ - sons truck
97 TJ - daughters project

www.oldjeep.com

Offline chardrc

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 12:43:05 PM »
Playing a lot of Pool, got a table last week - I hate video games.

pool is fun.. to bad mine has hunting gear piled all over it... on a different note i picked up Farcry2 and stalker on Friday ($5 each).. i started Farcry 2 last night but im not expecting to commit any real time to it tell after Christmas.
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 06:53:24 AM »
I don't know why I just started this, but finally started playing multiplayer deathmatch on GTA IV....a lot of fun...sometimes tracking people through the entire map...running them over with stolen cars....good clean fun. :thumb:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....