Author Topic: HELP. More power for 4banger?  (Read 6062 times)

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
Re: HELP. More power for 4banger?
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Ya, that's weird dude, I've never heard of anyone thinking Dynomax is too loud, Superturbo is supposed to sound stock 0_0....I have the Ultraflow and it's straight through and even that is barely as loud as a Flow 50 delta at the loudest and near stock at the quietest. Banks sound pretty wicked too though.

I had a dynomax cat-bank a while back for about three years and i thought the thing was too loud myself.  Think it was a super-turbo and I know it was only about $150 and shipping new.  I've seen the comments of people saying the thing sounds stock, so I'm still wondering about that.
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

RT

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »
I had a dynomax cat-bank a while back for about three years and i thought the thing was too loud myself.  Think it was a super-turbo and I know it was only about $150 and shipping new.  I've seen the comments of people saying the thing sounds stock, so I'm still wondering about that.

I think you gone and broke it dude lol :eek:

BJStirm

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
Ok I have read what gets more HP out of the 4banger but has anyone tried using a chip? Do they work? I was thinking about getting one for my YJ but want to know if it will give it more HP like the ads say. Thanks BJStirm

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
Ok I have read what gets more HP out of the 4banger but has anyone tried using a chip? Do they work? I was thinking about getting one for my YJ but want to know if it will give it more HP like the ads say. Thanks BJStirm

there is no "chip" available for YJ

EDIT: don't try and buy anything off ebay that says that, they are just scams.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:15:26 PM by sharpxmen »
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

BJStirm

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2011, 07:30:16 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't look on ebay I went to http://www.gfchips.com/jeepwrangler.aspx and the site said that it works for wranglers and gives them 60hp and more gas mileage. So Boring the motor and adding a supercharger are probably the best ways?

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŪ Donator
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2011, 08:51:34 PM »
I think you gone and broke it dude lol :eek:

It was three years starting day one, though.   
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2011, 09:00:27 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't look on ebay I went to http://www.gfchips.com/jeepwrangler.aspx and the site said that it works for wranglers and gives them 60hp and more gas mileage. So Boring the motor and adding a supercharger are probably the best ways?

60HP  :roflol:

this is what they say on the site you posted
EASY INSTALLATION.  Installation can be performed by anyone using simple hand tools. The GF module installs into your JEEP WRANGLER's engine bay and is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. Diagrams are included. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance. Everything needed for installation is included in this kit for a quick and easy installation that shouldn't take more than 15 minutes. There is absolutley nothing else needed to have this installed on your vehicle.

what that does is modifying the reading on the intake air temperature sensor, total parts cost about $3, they sell it for $69. Like i said, there is no chip fo YJ
A "chip" is an integrated circuit component, in the case of an ECU it's name comes from early electronic injection computers on which you could replace the memory chip or PROM/EPROM/EEPROM which stands for programmable read only memory, you cannot do that on the YJ PCM. Some of the later ECUs had the ability to be reprogrammed, some were locked from factory in which case you would add an inline microcontroller that would modify engine reading parameters to alter advance and afr curve, switch the PCM/ECU in open loop sooner and so on.

Also, ignore anything that says electric supercharger (big scam as well).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:02:07 PM by sharpxmen »
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Torch_Ind

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2011, 08:30:24 AM »
60HP  :roflol:

this is what they say on the site you posted
what that does is modifying the reading on the intake air temperature sensor, total parts cost about $3, they sell it for $69. Like i said, there is no chip fo YJ
A "chip" is an integrated circuit component, in the case of an ECU it's name comes from early electronic injection computers on which you could replace the memory chip or PROM/EPROM/EEPROM which stands for programmable read only memory, you cannot do that on the YJ PCM. Some of the later ECUs had the ability to be reprogrammed, some were locked from factory in which case you would add an inline microcontroller that would modify engine reading parameters to alter advance and afr curve, switch the PCM/ECU in open loop sooner and so on.

Also, ignore anything that says electric supercharger (big scam as well).

or one of these!!  I'm hopping to have mine installed this summer

b.hog

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Ive got the dynomax straight through super turbo cat back,and It was loud from day one.I guess you could say the most annoying drone sounding exhaust I have ever owned.Now this is with the hard top on, I havent driven with the top off since I installed it last year.it does sound good at idle and after 3200 rpms but in between I dont care for it,maybe im gettin old :lol: