Author Topic: Will one of these Electric Fans work?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline justin399

Will one of these Electric Fans work?
« on: November 04, 2011, 06:22:08 PM »
Woke up early this mourning to check out some local junkyards and couldn't find any taurus or Mark VIII fans but I found a Murcury Grand Marquis and a Lincoln Town Car and they look they would work.  If any of you know for sure it will work I'll pick it up this weekend.  Also found my 8.8 I've been hunting.  Appreciate any help.
93 YJ:2.5l aussie's front & rear, 4.0TB & spacer, hand throttle, 19lb injectors, no trackbars, ramsey 8.5e.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
Re: Will one of these Electric Fans work?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
any e-fan would work as long as you can bolt the shroud nicely to the side brackets on the radiator and if it covers the radiator core - measure your core and then measure the e-fan shroud you find, cant remember exactly but it is something like 18x20 or close, measure yours to make sure. Can't help you with the ones you mentioned as i have no idea what dimensions they are, i have a radiator in the garage i can measure if you want.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline justin399

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
It's ok,  I can measure mine in the mourning.  I didn't take a tape with me to the junk yard and should've measured the fan.  Think I'd have to up the alternator?  Thanks.
93 YJ:2.5l aussie's front & rear, 4.0TB & spacer, hand throttle, 19lb injectors, no trackbars, ramsey 8.5e.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
It's ok,  I can measure mine in the mourning.  I didn't take a tape with me to the junk yard and should've measured the fan.  Think I'd have to up the alternator?  Thanks.

unless you go with full speed lincoln mk viii i think you're fine with the stock alternator (if it's a 90 amp, for some reason i kind of remember there were some 60 amps or so out there as well but can't tell you for sure, if you have one of those would be preferred to upgrade).
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
Woke up early this mourning to check out some local junkyards and couldn't find any taurus or Mark VIII fans but I found a Murcury Grand Marquis and a Lincoln Town Car and they look they would work.  If any of you know for sure it will work I'll pick it up this weekend.  Also found my 8.8 I've been hunting.  Appreciate any help.
Yes, the Grand Marquis is should be the same as the Mark 8.  I think the Town Car is also the same.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline justin399

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Great, thanks for those fast responses.  Didn't get to go back out there today but will hopefully pick it up monday.  Thanks for the help.