Author Topic: Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?  (Read 9114 times)

4squirrelstj

Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 12:23:38 PM »
Do you all know if this will work on the 4 cylinder in a '98 TJ?

ratputin

Back from the Dead
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »
I just finished reading this thread. Good info, thanks to all that posted. I have a question about the mustang injectors and how they might relate to my set-up.

Here's a few specs:
2000 TJ
2.5L
Jet Chip Stage 2
4.0 TB
TB Spacer
Banks Manifold & Exhaust

Here's my situation...
I have tried several different air intake options. Short Tubes, Cone filters, 4.0L airtubes, etc. but everytime I use a set-up to get "more air" I lose top end speed/power (It's noticably sluggish on the hwy). When I resort to the factory airbox/contraption I gain it back. The only thing I can deduce is that I'm dumping too much air into the system with the various intake attempts.

and my question...
With the mods that I have done, and my results with the air intake, would the larger injectors help the situation? Of course the goal is to squeek out as much power as possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

KO

jwrape

Re: Back from the Dead
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:05 AM »
Quote from: "ratputin"
I just finished reading this thread. Good info, thanks to all that posted. I have a question about the mustang injectors and how they might relate to my set-up.

Here's a few specs:
2000 TJ
2.5L
Jet Chip Stage 2
4.0 TB
TB Spacer
Banks Manifold & Exhaust

Here's my situation...
I have tried several different air intake options. Short Tubes, Cone filters, 4.0L airtubes, etc. but everytime I use a set-up to get "more air" I lose top end speed/power (It's noticably sluggish on the hwy). When I resort to the factory airbox/contraption I gain it back. The only thing I can deduce is that I'm dumping too much air into the system with the various intake attempts.

and my question...
With the mods that I have done, and my results with the air intake, would the larger injectors help the situation? Of course the goal is to squeek out as much power as possible.

Any insight would be appreciated.

KO

It would seem that adding the injectors might help your situation. As cheap as you can pick up a used set of injectors on Ebay for, you might as well try it out. Let us know how it does for you.

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
Well, I'm not sure if it would help.  The biggest thing with the injectors is the improved spray pattern.  Running the injectors might help and for $30, would be a good idea but you'll probably want to run an adjustable map to fix the problem.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

ratputin

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2007, 09:27:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies. When I get this done I'll post back on the results.

KO

tctenng

Re: Ok, I am bringing it to the front 19lbs Mustang Injectors?
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 08:07:21 AM »
Well I did some research and found out the purpose of the plastic cap on the injectors and why replacements don't seem to have them. The caps are there to aid in the assembly process to allign the injector with the whole in the manifold as the robot inserts them. They serve no functional purpose in the function of the engine and can be removed without any problem.

Gregg

jwrape

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:47 AM »
Well I did some research and found out the purpose of the plastic cap on the injectors and why replacements don't seem to have them. The caps are there to aid in the assembly process to allign the injector with the whole in the manifold as the robot inserts them. They serve no functional purpose in the function of the engine and can be removed without any problem.

Gregg

Good to know

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 11:58:44 AM »

Gregg

Gotta a source?

The problem I see without using the caps is that the O-ring might not seat properly and will likely come off removing the injector.  The plastic spacer will then fall off, too.  The cap is metal on the Denso Injector and is pressed on.  I'm not sure if it can come off.  The cap on the Ford is plastic and is replaceable.  The plastic caps do help protect the injector jets.  The caps are so cheap, why save a $1 when you're going to have to spend $4 for the seal and spacer anyway.  If you by the seals alone they will not come with spacers.  Out of the 4 injectors I received, only one injector had intact O-rings.  Most of the lowers and a few of the uppers were torn.  All of them were a bit hard too.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

tctenng

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2007, 06:59:33 AM »
I agree with jeff actually, I just wanted to pass the info along for what it's worth. One of the guys works for advance and proved his point by pulling out replacement injectors and showed me a couple replacement injectors from stock that had the orings on them but no caps or spacers.

Gregg

SpiicyTuna

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »
Did anyone ever come up with a 16lb injector with a better spray pattern?  From what I got from this thread, I am thinking that the mustang yellow top injectors are too much fuel . . .

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2009, 10:58:30 AM »
I'm running the 19lb injectors, 62mm TB, custom intake (pulls from outside, heat tape on intake and intake manifold, different tube/filter) , PDI ignition.  Don't have any numbers, but low end torque w/19lb injectors seems slightly improved.  And engine will definitely wind out to 5000 no problem now.  I might suspect that this setup would result in a rich condition.  But I just passed a Cal Air Resource Board (CARB) smog test at the end of last week (Fortunately the dude at the shop I was using didn't go berzerk when he did the visual inspection on the engine bay; He let the non-CARB intake slide).  This kind of leads me to believe that the air/fuel ratio is in decent order despite the injector change (Though my reasoning on that air/fuel conclusion may be more wishful thinking than certainty)
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor

SpiicyTuna

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
Quote from: chrisfranklin
I'm running the 19lb injectors, 62mm TB, custom intake (pulls from outside, heat tape on intake and intake manifold, different tube/filter) , PDI ignition.  Don't have any numbers, but low end torque w/19lb injectors seems slightly improved.  And engine will definitely wind out to 5000 no problem now.  I might suspect that this setup would result in a rich condition.  But I just passed a Cal Air Resource Board (CARB) smog test at the end of last week (Fortunately the dude at the shop I was using didn't go berzerk when he did the visual inspection on the engine bay; He let the non-CARB intake slide).  This kind of leads me to believe that the air/fuel ratio is in decent order despite the injector change (Though my reasoning on that air/fuel conclusion may be more wishful thinking than certainty)

Are you running stock cat/exhaust?

Offline chrisfranklin

• 4BangerJP.comŽ Donator
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
Yeah its stock cat, but Borla Cat-Back.
'94 YJ S 5spd, Borla Exhaust, CarSound Cat., PS Ceramic-coated Headers, Airraid intake, 62mm TB, Intake Manifold bored/ceramic-coated, 19lb injectors, Sharp's Adj. FPR, MeanGreen Starter, D30 Aussie locker, 31" Destination MTs, Warn XD9000, Cibie headlights, armor