Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 298877 times)

golddigger

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »
howdy ya'll Im Golddigger and I'm from the south...DEEP south...

Just got me a 1992 sage green yj with a 2.5L 5speed has 3" lift, warn 8000i winch, 5 brand new 32" mud tires, hard top, and herculiner rolled floor, and NO rust : ) talked the used car dealer down from 3900 to 2500
love it, it begs me to fix it, so Im here to get me an ed u my cation. here to learn about lockers and tires and mud and stuff mostly to gain knowledge from ya'll years of speriance.

current problems
no 5th gear and pops out of second gear...ax-5 transmission needs replacing

4wd indicator light STAYS on even when in 2wd...replacing vacuume system with posi-lock system

desparate need of new shocks...i believe these are the originals...boots??what boots... : )

check engine light on error codes 24 33 and 51
tps sensor AC...no ac and probably O2 sensor

Jeff found me wandering around on another forum and directed me here, he's been most helpfull ya'll listen to 'em he seems to know his Jeeps

see ya'll in da woods ya hear

Dwight
South Carolina

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2006, 08:05:24 PM »
Welcome, there are a few other guy's from Jeepforums so you're not alone.

Nice choice in colors.  It's a rare color and limited to '92's only.  I think we're the only two who have that color here.

There is another guy who was/is having trouble with his 4wd light staying on also.  You might check out that thread.  I'd go with some new one-piece axle shafts but that's just me.  Requires more work but costs about the same and you gain some axle strength.

Stock height jeep, I suggest bilstein shocks.  They will ride better then Rancho's or most other brands.

Oh and add yourself to the Frapper Map if you haven't already.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

lutzke21

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2006, 05:45:09 PM »
Golddigger,

What lift do you have on?  Body or Suspension?

Rat Patrol

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2006, 07:43:17 PM »
Hey everyone, I am new to this site as well as the jeep world. I am 30 yrs old and I have just bought my first jeep. Its a 1995 Wrangler, powered by a 2.5 with a 5 speed manual trans. I have wanted a jeep for years and my dream has finally become reality. My new "dream ride" is completely stock so I will be doing alot of work to it. I look forward to discussing technical questions and picking ya'lls brain for info while building up my yj.

Reyn

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2006, 02:21:29 PM »
Welcome 8)

saylor240

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2006, 03:16:30 AM »
great site ..........i've owned and wheeled 2 1979 jeep cj-7's. one was a golden eagle both had 304 v-8, a 1987 jeep camache long bed with tow package and locking rear (but only two wheel drive ) straight 6  4.0 . a 1987 jeep grand wagoneer( had to lift 6 inches just to clear 31" tires) it had a 360 v-8 .And now the wife drives a jeep liberty rocky mountain edition  with 6 cylinder. im about to finish my tour in afganistan and i'm buying a 97-2004 jeep and im really considering the 4 banger SE due to gas prices but i cant wait to hook it up with some fun stuff ........the site looks very usefull ..cant wait to check it out and get home and start wheelin .

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2006, 12:50:06 PM »
Quote from: "saylor240"
great site ..........i've owned and wheeled 2 1979 jeep cj-7's. one was a golden eagle both had 304 v-8, a 1987 jeep camache long bed with tow package and locking rear (but only two wheel drive ) straight 6  4.0 . a 1987 jeep grand wagoneer( had to lift 6 inches just to clear 31" tires) it had a 360 v-8 .And now the wife drives a jeep liberty rocky mountain edition  with 6 cylinder. im about to finish my tour in afganistan and i'm buying a 97-2004 jeep and im really considering the 4 banger SE due to gas prices but i cant wait to hook it up with some fun stuff ........the site looks very usefull ..cant wait to check it out and get home and start wheelin .

I'm sure you hear this a lot but, thanks for your service and welcome.
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Crunch

« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2006, 09:56:16 AM »
Hi everyone,
  Read some posts here before, but never joined.  Figured after recent modifications I should register here, share my stories, experience, etc.. (ok ok, so maybe I'll be the one asking for help..lol).

I'm in Houston, and own a '97 TJ with, of course, the 2.5L motor.  I recently added a 4 inch lift, and 33x12.50 tires to the mix, and am quite pleased with how everything turned out.  Even with the stock 4.10 gears, I'm able to get around town with no trouble.  I do plan to swap the gears out to 4.88's pretty soon.  

We've got a little group here that goes out on trips throughout the year.  The guys just got back from Gilmer TX.  I'm looking forward to taking my 4 banger out on the trails with them soon!

All for now, nice forum btw!

-Crunch

87AMC_YJ

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2006, 11:35:07 AM »
Greetings from the Persian Gulf, by way of Seattle.  
I have a '87 YJ with the mighty 150 in it.  I've had it for 2 years now and work on it between time at sea.  It was bone stock when I got it and hasn't gotten very far since.  Alot of work has gone to replace the worn/rotting parts on it.  Bushings, shocks, steering stabilizer, tune up parts, belts, vacuum hoses, brakes and exhaust.  Modifications to it have consisted of a Rock Gear soft top that I like very much.  Mud tread retread tires from a place called High Tec Tires have also worked out well.  I've realized that the 87 to what...91(?) YJ's and the 150 engines (and TBI) are very much the red headed step children out here with fewer "hop up" parts available, but I'm still having a good time with mine.  I hope to get the time to rebuild the engine in the near future.  A minor lift kit, SYE and locker will probably be the next goodies on my shopping list.

chrisfranklin

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
New on this forum.  I have a 94 YJ that I bought in '99 and which has been all around high-performing vehicle.  Had friends/family in the 80's who had CJs (and YJs in the early 1990s), but I was always getting tagged on insurance rates.  Finally with more favorably-rated coverage in the late 90's, I picked up the YJ and use it all the time.  

I bought this Jeep in Langley, Va. (I'm originally from Arlington in the D.C. metro area) from a retired government employee who's daughter (gasp) had driven the Jeep the first 5 years while going to the same college I went too; she seemed to take good care of it and, of course, it was totally unmodified.  I began modifications as parts on it wore out, but never really used it much off-road except for some beach driving in North Carolina.  

I live in Studio City, Ca which is one of the numerous incorporated areas of Los Angeles and I do contract tv production work for a living.  Looking at the area mountain ranges surrounding the city, it reoccurred to me that Southern California has outstanding OHV trails which I needed to visit.  Most recent venture was to the Miller Jeep Trail, about an hour north of Los Angeles.  Have also hit Pilot Rock in San Bernadino.  

Barring anything unforseeable, I intend to keep this Jeep in to the future and modify as necessary.   8)

RED_TJ

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2006, 10:56:19 AM »
I`m from Germany.2,5L TJ BJ97,Blueprinted KompressorEngine,and my English is not so good. :mrgreen:

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »
Welcome.

A Kompressor engine, huh?  Have any pictures of it?  We have a thread in the tech area discussing kompressors.

RED_TJ

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2006, 12:39:52 AM »

Cooncan

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »
Hi, my name is Matt Hahn and I have a jeeping problem!   :lol: Glad to be here!

I live in Loomis, Nebraska with my wife of almost 13 years, Sasha and our two kids, Keenan, 12 and Riley 10.  We began our love of jeeps with a '79 CJ 5 with a hardtop and doors but the cramped rear seat area was beginning to irritate the kids so we bought a 93 YJ a couple of years ago.

I'm kind of a worry wort and don't like trail breakage (on my rig) so I've got it sitting SOA on a full witdth Dana 44 front and Dana 60 rear out of a mid '70's Ford 3/4 ton.  The front is welded and steering is helped with a hydraulic assist cylinder and a self built high steer setup.  The rear is in the process of getting a lock-right (waiting on the UPS man).  It used to be welded but my nerves couldn't take the tire squeeling every time I turned on pavement.  The axles are set up with 5.38 gears that help the four banger turn the H1 beadlocks and 36" military Wranglers.  The axles also set on 4" Black Diamond leaf springs.  Other goodies include a slip yoke eliminator,an anti-wrap bar, Warn 8000lb winch, CB, scanner, siren  :shock: ,inclinometer (who really uses those anyway?  mine's just a conversation piece), and flat fenders by Sawz-all. :D

troysjeep

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 03:19:02 PM »
Hi All,

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler my whole life, my whole life showed up 6 months ago.
My name is Troy and I have a 2001 Wrangler 4 banger. I love it. Soft top, 33" Micky Baha Claws, aftermarket - muffler, air intake, jet chip. 2, 12" Woofers, set of 6x9" Kappas, 1" dash mount tweeters, After market 5 1/4" clairion dash speakers, 2000 Watt amp'd monster stereo with XM. Light bar, 2" spring lift, Micky chrome wheels.
I'm currently getting ready to purchase 4.88 gears w/ARB lockers w/30 spline shafts, 4" short arm lift, custom bumpers, sail cloth top, and some misc. chrome.
I have been 4 wheeling since I can remember (thats 38 years, not old but havent grown up), I love it, The mountains and crawling in impossible places is awsom.
Nice to find this site and welcome your input. Thanks, Troy.