Author Topic: *** Introduce yourself here! ***  (Read 297235 times)

georgia

Re: *** Introduce yourself here! ***
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
Mine is the YJ on the far left...Greetings...I have a 4 cylinder...

Specs can be found here....

http://s94826315.onlinehome.us/2b2p/0001.html

jeepBE

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2006, 10:51:51 AM »
You got a hillbilly here.....not really... Names Brian im from Russellville,Arkansas. Just went from owning a 87 mustang (cobra) coupe. To my 92 YJ....man really nice..i thought the 4 banger would be crap and its really not its got all the power you need when you go offroad. Im 20yrs old i turn 21 in april. My girlfriend is having a baby in july YAY!! Its a boy...um she also owns a jeep cherokee lerado 95....umm thats really about it, its nice being welcomed....thanks

jackhammer

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2006, 07:43:25 PM »
Hey. I recently purchased a 95YJ 5cyl auto.  I live in chicago.  the first thing I am doing to my YJ is attempting to rustproof it when spring breaks. POR15 surface rust then spray bedcoat inside tub and get a second undercoating from ziebart. Well I am a union concrete worker for the city of chicago, Yj is perfect for this job. Just drop the top and hose out the tub. I get laid off in the winter so I usually push snow for some extra expendable income.  I spend most summer weekends in Indiana at the family cottage with the kids and getting away from the city as much as possible.  Some buddies of mine do weekend beerbust trailing with there 4x4.  I never trusted the old K-5 to anything but pushing snow so hopefully I get out there a few times this summer.  Hope to get some good pointers from you guys for I am decently mechanically inclined but am new to the Jeep thing..

jgblack

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2006, 12:35:46 PM »
Just joined from Northern, Utah. Born and raised south of Moab and still my favorite spot to ride. After a few trucks, Blazers and a couple of Samurai's I now own a 1992 YJ, SOA lift, 8000 winch, cage, custom front/rear bumpers w/tire carrier, cut front fenders, and the best mod a Rock Nob.

Offline supryj4

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2006, 10:45:03 PM »
Well I finaly getting around to introduce myself I am located in McHenry IL and my name is Darryl Miller and I have a 90 yj 2.5.That has been converted to a 94 mpi the motor has all kinds of bolt on stuff like 62mm throtle body and spacer,rockit cold air,flex a lite electric fan,msd offroad 6,yellow top,high flow water pump,I am in the prosses of a hesco rvob cam and sping conversion I am also putting the 117 head that is match ported.I have a BDS lift with all the extras ss brake lins, quik disconects, slip lock trac bar,greasable shackles and more.The rear is currie 44 with arb and 4:88s. I have np 231 with the JB conversions super short sye.the front axle is not done yet but I have a 96 XJ dana 30 with no disconect a 30 spline arb,teraflex high steer kit I still need warn hub conversion and superior axles and CTM joints.There are alot more goodies but that gives you an idea of the build.I bought the jeep in 99 drove it stock for a littel over a year then took it apart to have my brother paint it and that started the build.It has not stoped sence then.I did all the work my self and it pretty much became a ground up project.I grew up in NM around 4x4s and offroad vehicals my hloe life and I enjoy it very much.I have really enjoyed this forum and hope to enjoy it for years to come.Thanks Darryl Miller

90 YJ 2.5L MPI 33 MTRs on 15x10 US indy mags
F/super 30 ARB R/currie 44 ARB 4:88s
90 YJ 2.5L MPI 33 MTRs on 15x10 US indy mags
F/super 30 ARB R/currie 44 ARB 4:88s

snowbrew

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say that I am new to the postings here. I live in Washington State and have a family. Wife, and my two girls love the outdoors and love to wheel in the 1991 YJ. Over the years I have done all the modifications myself including rebuilding the 2.5L engine twice. It has a full traction shackle reversal and a 1.5" body lift. This allows me to run 35" tires.
The list of mods is long, but I plan on posting some of the things that I have done.

Live Long and Enjoy Life

montanajeep

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2006, 06:30:56 PM »
Hello-
I'm montanajeep, 26 years-old, and I'm a lineman (build powerlines).  Not married, can't hobbies cost to much...
I wouldn't say I'm new to the jeep world.  That is if you count a 1948 Willys Overlander Pickup as a jeep..(project in the works)  I bought my YJ last winter in Jan.  since then, I have put carpet, has a hard top bought a supertop for the summers, sound system, 6 KC daylighters, winch, overhead rack, hand built front bumper (saved me a couple of times form rolling end over end)  rear bumper w/tire carrier, body lift (2'') works wouldn't suggest it again, lifted 3.5 leafs,junked the rear trac bar, swaybar disconnect,  33x 12.5'' tires, electric fan, bored tbi, spacer, header, and 2.5'' exhaust, 4.88 gears, trulock in 35, sye kit, rebuilt every darn thing but the motor.  Need two fender, from the jump I hit, which cause a broken motor mount, and the need for a new steering wheel.  Grant..  Then a new paint job, to top it off, a little diamond plate, then I can call it good.  This is my dailly driver, I leave my Dodge cummins at home.  The cummins gets used for long trips, and pulling my toys.  I hunt, I hope no one has a problem with that!  After all I do live in Montana.

Well I'm just glad there is a forum for 4 banger jeeps.  Thus, any problems, or infomation for the quest for more power can be shared.  See you all in the forums..  ONE more thing JP, Ryan if you guys see this thanks for the help..

yellowta

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2006, 07:27:03 PM »
Hi guys, my name is Travis and I am a four cylinder jeep owner... I really like the site, and I will see if I can't get some guys from the local club (LA4X4) to come check it out 8)

will

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2006, 06:25:57 PM »
Well I have been proweling around here for a while so I guess its to to introduce myself. I an fairly new to the jeep life, about a year and a half ago I picked up my 98TJ and have slowly been playing with its guts. So far I have done the 4.0L TBI, Taurus elec fan, steel radiator, Banks Header, 2in Pro-Comp suspention lift, 1in body lift and, 33x12.5x15 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials. Its a whole lotta fun on the weekends down here at Fort Hood, Tx.  The next step for me is to build a tough 2.5l block and swap out the one I have.

Jesse-James

« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2006, 06:02:56 PM »
I've been listening here for a little while now, but this is the first post. I'm Justin, live just south of Milwaukee, WI. Just bought my first Jeep last October after my 86 Toy decided to break it's frame (IT did it, not me....I swear). I have a 95 YJ Looks like a short lift before I got it, 31" Good Year MTR's Custom bumper, Half Top, but mechanichally stock for the most part (for now). Anyways here's a pic of me at the beach
And this is my mostly retired Toyota

DIXIELAND 4X4

« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2006, 08:52:49 AM »
My name is Brad i live in orlando,fl My jeep is a white 97 4cyl with 4.88's and 35"s..

zenjeep

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2006, 06:48:38 AM »
hi everyone, my name is chris and i am new to the site. my rig is a 95 yj.
the specs are:
2.5l np231 ax-5
suspension: 4" and 1.5 shackle lift
body: 1"
axle: f:d-30 4.88 lockright, r: 8.8 4.88 tracklok

i have done a cj front on her and am in the process of tj fenders in the rear as well as tj fuel filler and cj dash.

Picture outside durango with my son behind the wheel.

hope to meet some new friends and learn a alot.

lungcandy

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »
hi all.  got my 98 4cyl TJ about 2 months ago.  love it!

bittnerb

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »
hello,

i have just purchased my first jeep and plan to do a little 4 wheeling but still have it as an everyday vehicle.  nothing serious just toying around.
i plan to put a 3.5 inch suspension lift and 31x10 inch tires.  i want to know how to get the most out of my 4 cyl.  more horsepower and some good ideas that yall may have

kamikaze124

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2006, 04:28:56 PM »
Hello everyone.. I have been trying for a week to get on here, and never go a email conformation, Got someone from another forum to talk with someone from here, and WaaaaaaLaaaa... I am finally here. :lol:

My name is Billy, I am from Texas.. I have a 94 Yj that I have taken from bone stock to where it is now.. Have had it for about 5 yrs now..
Current state of it is.... Has the 4 cylinder of course.. Is spring over and sitting on 39.5 Iroks.. Has 513 gears.. Dana 44 up front with warn shafts, and CTM"s.. Rear is a Dana 60 35 spline  built by WMS.. I took the standard trannie out and installed a 904 TF..  Has a 4.3 Atlas.. Wheelbase is 105 to 106..(( Depends ))   Have helped build tube fenders for the front.. Just got through building rear crusher corners for it ..  Is shackle reversal. and the frame has been extended about 3 inches in the front.
Has a fuel cell for behind the seat. and a nice stereo...  Beadlocks to..
Hydro assist steering.. with high steer.    Thats about it for my jeep so far.. Will have a dana 60 up front someday, and hopefully running 42" Iroks...   My jeep climbs , crawls and pretty much does what I ask of it..
I am very pleased with it.. It is street legal, and It will run about 55 down the road.. My wife also drives it around town some.. So it is safe to drive..
My passion is my wife and my little girls, and my jeep...  Thats about it..
Here are a couple of pic of it..   Thanks for letting me use this board.. If I can help anyone out, please ask... I do not belive in flamming people...I have been flamed for asking questions, and I don't like it.. I will give you an answer if I can.. If not, I will tell ya... I will also be asking questions, so be patient with me as well... Thanks.. 8)

Water fall at Disney Oklahoma.

Coming out of little blue at disney.

Clayton Oklahoma..  

Sorry for all the pic... But I am pretty proud of my jeep.. :D

Its also fun to do things with a 4 cylinder that the big engines do.. and sometimes do it better..   Thanks again..