Author Topic: What you did on your Labor Day Weekend.  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
What you did on your Labor Day Weekend.
« on: September 06, 2009, 07:21:22 PM »
I blew off my HS reunion yesterday and saw Ponyo with the GF, then went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.  Today, I worked on the Jeep.  Swapping out the original drive-shaft U-joints for new ones.  That took several hours and was really messy.  This was the first time I've done U-joints so it was a bit of a learning experience. First one came out fairly easily second one was faster.  I need to buy a larger C-clamp or a U-Joint tool so I can do them on the trail.  Sockets and a vice, sockets and a hammer were a slow going since you have to align everything while your hands are black and slimy.

The new U-joints are damn quiet.  That rattling when I coast is gone!  Who knew!  Actually, I've just been putting off changing them for years.  Got a really good deal on the U-Joints on ebay as well.  IIRC, they were $9 each and Spicers.

Tomorrow, I think I'll take it easy and rewire my CB and Ham so they work once again then take it easy.
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Jesse-James

Re: What you did on your Labor Day Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
I did nothing....and it was everything I knew it could be.

Offline jagular7

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 07:34:54 PM »
Changed 2 fuel filters, 2 tranny filters, 1 oil filter, 15 qts oil, 7 qts trans fluid all on the flat bed to be ready to tow TJ to CO and Moab in a week+1/2. Then worked on the trailer plug lights. That was yesterday.

Today, club had a picnic and I drove to it with my 2 kids. Wonderful day but a little soggy from the Friday rain. Don't have pics as my daughter grabbed the camera and not the battery.

Tomorrow will be cleaning off the mud, pull the ps pump, add BPE in the rear, add additional bump stop in the rear as BPE makes the shock shorter, and finally throw in a console with dual cup holders.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 07:36:54 PM by jagular7 »
Jagular7
97 SE - Rubbered and locked for fun
94 SE - stock, collecting parts for 37s

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel Blower®
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »
worked on my supercharger setup and related, visit to the welder for the same purpose, inhaled a bunch of lint from the polishing wheel, been lazy today for most of the day only productive thing was to update my s/c build in the members projects and answer a few posts here
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

drparker

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »
Spent a few hours taking the doors off on my daughters 97 TJ and my 06 LJ Rubi. They've never been off before, Luckily I had been hitting them with PB Blaster for 4 days before even trying. Then I spent the rest of day with emery cloth getting the rust off the hinge pins.

Castr8r

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:21:44 PM »
 :biggrin:Went wheelin' yesterday!  A Trail Guide for our club ( TRJC.com ) put together a quickie trail builder.  Two couples and myself followed him out to some rough country and we opened a new trail down a gully over some rock ledges.  Then we "checked" on some other trails in the Mayhem complex.  I was on my side once and ripped off both fender flares while rearranging the front topography of my fenders.  Brenda lost a bead-twice!.  Lotsa mud and throttle, steep hills, and off camber;  it was a good day!  Rained today; tomorrow we'll be wheelin' again in another location!  Life is GOOD! :thumb:

drunkencityworker

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 10:06:51 PM »
i am moving. boxed up crap late fri night. picked up trailer w yj and a f150 w trailer. did a couple tripps. got keg for the final push tomorrow. 4more pck ups n lots o hands. best part. GARAGE!!!!!!!

Jesse-James

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 10:23:37 PM »
Moving far?

Offline Bounty Hunter

• http://www.sija.org
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 02:21:38 AM »
:biggrin:Went wheelin' yesterday!  A Trail Guide for our club ( TRJC.com ) put together a quickie trail builder.  Two couples and myself followed him out to some rough country and we opened a new trail down a gully over some rock ledges.  Then we "checked" on some other trails in the Mayhem complex.  I was on my side once and ripped off both fender flares while rearranging the front topography of my fenders.  Brenda lost a bead-twice!.  Lotsa mud and throttle, steep hills, and off camber;  it was a good day!  Rained today; tomorrow we'll be wheelin' again in another location!  Life is GOOD! :thumb:
Mmm, Pike County wheeling when wet, now that can be punishment.

Jeffy, get a ball-joint press, they have a large c-clamp that works great on ujoints too.

My relax time has been on the lake with the waverunner.  I must say my 2.5L YJ on 35"s pulls the heavy waverunner pretty good down the interstate.

Offline justin399

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 06:01:07 AM »
Me and some friends went canoeing the elk river down here. Crystal clear, cold water and great fishing.
93 YJ:2.5l aussie's front & rear, 4.0TB & spacer, hand throttle, 19lb injectors, no trackbars, ramsey 8.5e.

jcsanders79

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:51 AM »
Goose hunting and a HS buddy was in town.

Offline FourbangerYJ

• Servicing Squirrels Since 1995®
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 08:31:54 AM »
Drove down to Seaworld in S.D. with the family. Gonna relax today.
Scott~

Using tools you have not used in a while is like shaking hands with old friends. :nod:

Offline chardrc

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »
 went to the range friday night and I'm ready to get a deer this year :pot:. cleaned up the back yard on Saturday (rebuilding a shed and there was stuff everywhere) and finally took the ugly metal hard top off our spare cj2a in hopes that we will be building it when the new shed/shop is done.... yesterday was spent clean my study room so i can do homework when school starts tomorrow  :'(... today i am trying to decide what to do knowing that i cant install the new floor pan in my jeep (garage is full  :brick:)...
1990 YJ 4cly, ax5, 2.5 inch BDS lift, 31 MTr\'s,  Powertrax-lockers all around, track-bars removed, boomerang shackles, warn m8000 winch, electric fan. [sold but not forgotten]

2007 jk Rubicon 2dr

Offline Mozman68

• Poseur Extraordinaire®
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 09:32:14 AM »
Went wheeling Saturday morning/afternoon (see videos in the trail rides thread)...went to a local baseball game (West Michigan Whitecaps) Saturday night...they lost, but there were fireworks afterward.

Yesterday, went to the beach all day.

Today...last day at the neighborhood pool...they empty it out and let the kids play in it while it is half full....hamburgers and beer tonight....

Oh...and trading emails with my lawyer neighbor about being sued by our neighborhood or suing them first...long story, but really funny in a way.  People can really be babies and take things so personally when you are just trying to ask some basic questions about Association finances....they don't want to mess with me... :guns:

:lol:
2009 Audi S5....what....its 4wd...sort of....

Offline neale_rs

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 09:49:05 AM »
Not a long weekend here but took my daughter to see a movie Saturday morning and just relaxed on Sunday.

'95 YJ, 33 x 12.5 mud tires, RE 4.5 ED lift, Atlas 4 speed, rear D44, ARBs front and rear, 4.56 gears, 8000# winch