Author Topic: Fuel Pressure Regulators  (Read 50357 times)

mrdeath2000

Re: Fuel Pressure Regulators
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Care to elaborate? They're the same design, size is what matters...

tablesaw

« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »
Will the retaining bracket clear the vacuum nipple on the side? If it works I'd like to know. I'd try one myself. I have the feeling sharpxmen has seen enough of these to know by looking at it though.

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »
Care to elaborate? They're the same design, size is what matters...
sorry for the late reply, i missed this post
they're not the same design, look at where the o-rings are located between the 2, both outer and inner o-rings are further down and located in a groove on the VW one, the Jeep/Chrysler does not have the grooves and the o-ring is pressed against a shoulder inside the fuel rail and against the teflon rings that are fitted on the FPR in the Jeep one  below, if you take your FPR out and look inside the rail you'll understand what i mean and why is not working, it just can't fit in there even if the o-rings on the VW are the same dimension. There is no way it will fit, dimensions are also different (I'm talking about the part that goes inside the fuel rail, the rest doesn't matter).

Will the retaining bracket clear the vacuum nipple on the side? If it works I'd like to know. I'd try one myself. I have the feeling sharpxmen has seen enough of these to know by looking at it though.

sorry but it won't work even if you can fit the bracket on. Maybe modified on a lathe but it's a long shot and what's the point in that case, you can just make an adjustable one if you have access to that.
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster
Latest: Corbeau BajaRS heated seats :dance: keeping warm the rear end

mrdeath2000

« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
damn.

Offline weedstomper

« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »
Hey sharp it's kevin fixed the fpr ,was the o-ring
thanks

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Hey sharp it's kevin fixed the fpr ,was the o-ring
thanks

:lol: told ya'
good to hear you got it fixed

did the rough idle go away?
'95 YJ, NSG370 6spd / Hurst shifter, Dana 300 + 4:1 Doubler / tri-stick, Custom skid, Super D35 / Auburn LSD / 4.88, 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2, 64mm t/b, 1.7 RollerRockers, MkVIII e-fan, Dual Diaph Booster

Offline Wrench

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2014, 08:59:07 PM »
Has anyone found another option for this?
Paul
1984 Chrkee

Offline sharpxmen

• Chief Squirrel BlowerŪ
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »
you can get a hesco or do a Mallory performance FPR conversion (I have a writeup on this one somewhere on here). In general you can adapt any FPR that is in the pressure specs.

Offline h20pumper

« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
I posted a video in the thread i just started.

I converted to a return style system, walboro 255 in tank and afpr under the hood. I can up the pressure to 100 psi now if needed.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wfnoyoGri-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wfnoyoGri-M</a>
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 11:38:37 AM by Jeffy »

Offline Wrench

« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2018, 07:41:01 PM »
I have found an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is nearly a direct fit, at a fraction of the cost of the Hesco unit.  It was designed for a Chrysler/VW turbo setup. 

I purchased the unit from SPA Turbo on Ebay for $52.40.  Part number VLRPF231.  I had to trim the factory Jeep retaining ring to get it to fit over the vacuum nipple on the regulator, but the fit into the fuel manifold was perfect. 

https://spaturbousa.com/products/spa-turbo-chrysler-adjustable-fuel-pressure-regulator-fpr-vlrpf231

Paul
1984 Chrkee

Offline Jeffy

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2019, 02:17:19 PM »
I have found an adjustable fuel pressure regulator that is nearly a direct fit, at a fraction of the cost of the Hesco unit.  It was designed for a Chrysler/VW turbo setup. 

I purchased the unit from SPA Turbo on Ebay for $52.40.  Part number VLRPF231.  I had to trim the factory Jeep retaining ring to get it to fit over the vacuum nipple on the regulator, but the fit into the fuel manifold was perfect. 

https://spaturbousa.com/products/spa-turbo-chrysler-adjustable-fuel-pressure-regulator-fpr-vlrpf231

Nice!
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNlr60GXH5OlKIFrT7P6mg
My Jeep: http://4bangerjp.com/forums/index.php?topic=2783.0
"If the motor car were invented today, there is absolutely no way that any government in the world would let normal members of the public drive one."

Offline Wrench

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2019, 07:50:02 AM »
Update:

The new fuel pressure regulator was a success!  I had been running the stock regulator with Ford 5.0 injectors for about a year now.  Since installing the new regulator and adjusting the pressure up to the proper Ford pressure, she is running cleaner, especially on the highway.  She holds 5th gear a bit better at 70mph (I'm running 35's with Rock Monster beadlocks, they're heavy and 70mph is not easy).
Paul
1984 Chrkee